Denon just announced a new mini stereo system that still plays CDs, but adds Bluetooth connectivity and an all-new analog design that claims more refined sound. The $500 model D-M41 replaces the D-M40 from two years ago, and consists of both the RCD-M41 CD player/receiver and matching SC-M41 speakers along with RC-1214 remote control.
Bluetooth is integrated to allow instant wireless connectivity with smartphones, tablets and computers, as part of a package of input choices designed to offer optimal flexibility. The Bluetooth circuitry has been designed complete with an on/off selector, offering convenient wireless connection when required, plus enhanced sound from the other sources like CD, FM or digital in when it’s not in use.
The D-M41 brings a completely new discrete analog amplifier circuit for greater clarity and purity, building on Denon’s ‘simple and straight’ design philosophy. The circuit design is kept simple, with shortened signal paths and measures to avoid sources of interference. It’s part of Denon’s Triple Noise Reduction Design, which also encompasses careful separation of analog and digital circuits, and precision signal grounding. In addition, distortion from the input selector, volume control and power amplifier has been suppressed for the purest possible sound.
The new amplifier circuit delivers 2x30W, so the RCD-M41 has more than enough power to drive either the matching SC-M41 speakers or other popular choices, and there’s also a dedicated headphone amplifier section for personal listening.
In addition to the Bluetooth input, built-in CD player and FM/AM radio tuner, two optical digital inputs are provided for external sources, such as the sound from a TV. Hi-res 192kHz/24bit converters handle all digital sources.
High-quality speaker terminals are fitted, along with a preout for use with an active subwoofer, and the RCD-M41 comes complete with a system remote. Finally the style of the RCD-M41 has been updated and refined, while the optional SC-M41 bookshelf/standmount speakers are also improved to make the most of the CD receiver’s enhanced performance.
Price and Availability
The Denon D-M41 is expected to be available in June for $499.99.
RCD-M41 Compact CD Receiver Features
- 2 x 30W output, plus preout socket for an active subwoofer
- Bluetooth for instant wireless streaming from smartphones and tablets
- New discrete analogue circuitry for enhanced audio performance
- Simple & straight circuit design
- High-precision Digital/Analog converters to reproduce high definition sound
- Triple Noise Reduction Design for signal purity
- CD, FM/AM radio and two optical digital inputs
- Dedicated headphone socket for personal listening
- New industrial design derived from flagship NE series separates
- Speaker Optimizer for best performance with SC-M41
- Available in black
SC-M41 Speaker System Features
- 2-Way speaker system with 4.72” woofer and .98” soft dome tweeter
- Crossover network, to separate woofer and tweeter to reproduce the smoothness of natural sound
- Further tweaked European Sound Tuning
- Available in black and wood