In this live eCoustics roundtable we talk about the state of the high-end audio headphone market with our Headphone Editor, W. Jennings. This is his first time on the livestream podcast and we are so very stoked about it! Also, our Editor-In-Chief, Ian White just returned from CanJam NYC 2022 where he was able to demo some very interesting products that are sure to stir up some conversation.
Sponsor: Sonus faber, who just introduced the Omnia Wireless Speaker (reviewed here).
- 04:43 High-end audiophile headphones supply shortage
- 10:53 Introducing our Headphone Editor, W. Jennings
- 18:30 Thoughts about CanJam NYC 2022 Show
- 24:21 Pro audio headphones
- 29:40 Women, cliques, price point and quality
- 34:08 Open-back vs. closed-back
- 38:42 Wireless headphones, Sennheiser, Axel Grell
- 47:12 Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
- 51:45 Why are there so many headphones and connector types?
- 1:03:05 How many watts do you need for a headphone amplifier?
- 1:04:00 The problems with headphone measurements
- 1:07:00 What’s the most you’d spend on headphones?
- 1:17:00 CanJam stereotypes, bring your own gear
- 1:22:13 Emiko’s story about mastering music, cliques and musical enjoyment
- Ian White, Host & Editor in Chief
- W. Jennings, Headphone & Personal Audio Editor
- Mitch Anderson, Podcast Producer and Host of Black Circle Radio
- Emiko, Musician, Filmmaker and Video Producer
- Brian Mitchell, Founder & CEO
Where to Listen
- Apple Podcasts
- iHeart Radio
- Google Podcasts
- Podcast Addict
- Original intro and outro music by The Arc of All.
- Voice Over Provided by Todd Harrell of SSP Unlimited.
- Production by Mitch Anderson, Black Circle Studios.
Continue listening to all of our podcasts here.