Affordable Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptops Feature Docking, PC Health Monitor, Business Card Reader & Face Recognition Software
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division, a leader in mobile computing solutions, today announced the 15.4-inch Satellite Pro S300 and 14.1-inch Satellite Pro S300M laptops. Building upon the Satellite Pro product family’s quality and success, Toshiba will include a two-year, standard limited warranty1 on these new laptop PCs.
These latest Satellite Pro laptops were designed, engineered and manufactured by Toshiba resulting in high-quality laptops at an affordable price. They feature Toshiba’s innovative fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology2 with PC Health Monitor, built-in support for docking, and convenient Business Card Reader and Face Recognition software. The Satellite Pro S300M has a starting price of $899 (MSRP)3, while the Satellite Pro S300 starts at an even more affordable price of $829 (MSRP)3.
“Since its re-launch in October 2007, the Satellite Pro has consistently been one of the top-three selling laptops in the $600 – $999 price band,” said Carl Pinto, vice president, product development and marketing, Digital Products Division, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. “Toshiba has equipped these new Satellite Pro laptop PCs with even more mobility features and have added value by covering the Satellite Pro S300M and S300 laptop PC series with a two-year limited warranty, increasing the laptop’s appeal in today’s current economic conditions.”
Multimedia: Satellite Pro S300 and Satellite Pro S300M
Toshiba’s Satellite Pro S300M and Satellite Pro S300 feature the following value-add features:
- Two-Year Standard Limited Warranty: The Satellite Pro S300M and Satellite Pro S300 series include an industry-leading two-year standard limited warranty in the sub $1,000 price band. This warranty includes carry-in support at Authorized Service Providers throughout the country such as UPS Stores and Mail Boxes Etc. locations.
- EasyGuard Technology: The Satellite Pro S300M and Satellite Pro S300 laptops feature Toshiba’s fourth-generation EasyGuard Technology with PC Health Monitor. This new feature is a preventative maintenance utility that continuously checks the performance and functionality of a laptop’s critical hardware components and will alert users when the system is in need of a tune up. PC Health Monitor tracks the status of critical components, such as hard drive status, battery life and CPU temperature and system cooling warnings. In addition to PC Health Monitor, Toshiba’s EasyGuard technology is a proprietary, value-added series of hardware and software enhancements designed to better protect and secure one’s laptop during everyday computing. Components include HDD Protection, a spill-resistant keyboard4, fingerprint reader and Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Face Recognition Software: This technology uses the Satellite Pro S300M’s and Satellite Pro S300’s integrated Webcam to grant or deny access to the laptop based on a series of recorded images of the user’s face. This provides mobile professionals with another convenient way to log onto their laptop.
- Express Port Replicator: Both the Satellite Pro S300M and Satellite Pro S300 are Toshiba’s first Satellite Pro laptops with built-in support for docking, enabling a mobile to desktop expansion. Simply by docking or undocking, users can easily transition from a mobile mode to a full desktop environment. The Satellite Pro Express Port Replicator supports hot docking and undocking.
- Business Card Reader Software: Toshiba’s 1.3-megapixel Webcam features macro functionality and Presto! BizCard Reader 5 software, to allow business users to quickly and easily scan business cards and organize them into a convenient and searchable database or export to a contact management software program of your choice.
- Ease of Deployment: To better reduce the cost for customers and to simplify the deployment of new laptops, the Satellite Pro S300M and Satellite Pro S300 feature a common motherboard and image. This system commonality also minimizes service and support for organizations.
- USB Sleep-and-Charge/eSATA Combo Port5: This unique port provides convenience and speed by allowing data transfers to and from an eSATA external hard drive at rates up to five times faster than USB 2.0, and the ability to charge select USB mobile devices whether the laptop is on, off, or in sleep or hibernation mode.
- Green Attributes: The Satellite Pro S300M and Satellite Pro S300 are ENERGY STAR 4.0 compliant and have achieved a Silver status through the Green Electronics Council’s Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT).
Complete product specifications for all Satellite Pro S300M and Satellite Pro S300 laptops are available at www.explore.toshiba.com/laptops/satellitepro/S300M or www.explore.toshiba.com/laptops/satellitepro/S300.
As a responsible global corporate citizen, Toshiba designs all of its new laptops to be RoHS compatible6, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
Toshiba is offering a new, free electronic trade-in and recycling program which includes all laptop PCs and other select electronics, regardless of manufacturer, that have no trade-in value. For more details, please visit http://explore.toshiba.com/green. No purchase is necessary to participate in the recycling program.