Supernova Technology Performs in Both Bright and Dark Environments
Optical lens screen material in dnp denmark products showcased at CEDIA Expo 2008 allows for higher contrast ratio without shifting the grayscale
COSTA MESA, Calif.–August 20, 2008–dnp denmark, the world’s leading supplier of optical screen technology, will demonstrate its award-winning line of Supernova projection screens at CEDIA Expo booth 357 in Denver, September 4-7, 2008. The screens, which come in a variety of configurations, feature dnp denmark’s proprietary Supernova Optical Screen Technology. This allows the viewer to experience contrast ratios up to 10 times better than those available with standard screens, while reducing distracting artifacts such as bright spots, dark corners, and shimmer in their home theater.
“Our Supernova Optical Screen Technology allows consumers to watch movies and experience gaming in any environment without having to make accommodations for darkness or ambient light,” said Manfred Freiberger, senior account manager of dnp denmark U.S. “The perfect projection screen solution for today’s home theater, our proprietary screen material enhances contrast without creating an optical illusion like traditional standard screens; the result is a true white and a darker gray.”
Supernova Screens are based on a revolutionary high-contrast filter that allows the projected image to be reflected from the screen head-on, while effectively absorbing light from other sources such as ceiling lights. As a result, the Supernova Screen is virtually unaffected by ambient light while also performing equally well in a dark environment. This innovative design allows Supernova Screens to deliver superior contrast levels, in all environments. Now viewers can enjoy daytime sporting events, gaming and movies in a room with or without ambient lighting without being inconvenienced by washed out images.
Each screen is made with seven high-tech layers that actively ensure a superior viewing experience. These layers include:
* Unique optical lens film to reduce the impact of ambient light and thereby ensure better image contrast
* Technologically advanced reflection layer for revolutionary horizontal half-gain angles up to +/- 85 degrees
* Black color layer that sets new standards for color reproduction.
* Hard surface coating for screen scratch resistance and easy handling and a no-shimmer image
dnp denmark’s Supernova 08-85 screen material has been certified by the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) for its outstanding image quality. This means the product exceeds the high-standard benchmarks that define the best video performance available for consumers. With a horizontal half-gain of 85 degrees, the widest in the industry, Supernova 08-85 provides the most uniform image with full 180 degrees of viewing, for an unsurpassed visual experience.
Models Available for Every Application
The following Supernova Screen models are on display at dnp denmark’s CEDIA Expo booth:
84″ Supernova Core
Ideal for use in home theaters, the Supernova Core allows viewers to realize a rich high-quality, visual experience at an affordable price. Two types of screen materials are available: the Supernova 08-85 for high-contrast and extreme viewing angles, or Supernova 20-20 for ultra-high contrast and high brightness. Product features include:
* High contrast, extraordinaire black levels
* Easy to assemble and install
* Economical frame construction
Screen sizes up to 120″ in 16:9 and 100″ in 4:3 format
* ISF-certified screen material available
* Affordable price
84″ Supernova Flex (Retractable)
The retractable Supernova Flex combines the revolutionary Supernova Screen technology with an innovative, aesthetic, space-saving design to create a high-quality front projection screen. Product features include:
* Quick and easy retraction, remote control with 3-speed settings
* Floating image — no drapings or tensioning cables
* Finest black level available on the market today
* Compatible with all standard main voltages and plugs for worldwide use
* Ultra-wide viewing angles
* Available in 4:3 and 16:9 formats in sizes up to 100″
* Screen cover color options include black, white, silver-grey aluminum, blond maple, cherry wood and a paintable cover
* Standard communication: IR remote, RS-232 serial, 12v trigger and wall switch
* Universal learning remote to additionally control other AV devices
84″ Supernova Flex (Ceiling Mounted)
The Supernova Flex ceiling mounted version provides above-the-ceiling housing for the Supernova Flex Screen allowing the screen to be protected from dust and particles and hidden when not in use. This practical mount system provides storage and easy access to the screen. Product features include:
* Housing installed during construction
Available to fit all current screen sizes
* Above-the-ceiling housing – screen is completely hidden away when not in use
* Housing in any color
* Changeable cover
132″ Supernova Epic
The Supernova Epic provides uncompromised widescreen reproduction of movies in all aspect ratios displaying superior high-contrast images in 100% neutral color. Maintaining a constant image height as in a movie theater, the Supernova Epic’s motorized masking system is fully adjustable delivering the ultimate viewing experience for even the most demanding videophile. Product features include:
* Curved screen design
* Widescreen reproduction of movies
* Silent operation of masking curtain
* Constant image height
* IR remote with 5 preset formats and 2 custom formats
In Brief: Release Summary
* dnp denmark will showcase its award-winning line of Supernova projection screens in booth #357 at CEDIA 2008
* With up to 10 times the contrast of traditional standard screens, Supernova Screens offer unparalleled performance in brightly-lit and dark environments
dnp denmark Supernova 08-85 screen material has been certified by the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF)
* Supernova Flex is a retractable, motorized low-gain front projection screen
* Supernova Flex is now available in a ceiling mounted version
* Supernova Core is ideal for home theaters
About dnp denmark
dnp denmark is the screen production center for Dai Nippon Printing Co. Ltd., one of the world’s largest printing and media companies. dnp laboratories benefit from more investment in research and development than any other screen supplier, having pioneered every major development in optical projection technology for over a decade.
Manfred Freiberger and Joseph Strovas are the dnp Representatives in North America, with headquarter in Costa Mesa, California. A new 3000 square foot showroom, training center and warehouse in Irvine, California houses many of dnp’s standard products. As a market leader, dnp provides its dealers with the best technical support and with some of the most innovative sales and marketing tools within the screen industry.
For additional information about the award-winning line of Supernova products, please visit http://www.supernovascreen.com .