Continuing its mission to build a new category of Bluetooth Headsets that improve speech intelligibility in noisy environments, Sound ID today introduced the Sound ID 200 Bluetooth Headset.
The Sound ID 200, ergonomically designed for all-day wearing comfort, follows in the footsteps of its predecessors and offers functionality unique to Sound ID products, such as NoiseNavigation™, which provides clear audio through the reduction of background noise thanks to dual adaptive beam-forming microphones and sound isolation algorithms. Additionally the headset, which is styled in a tactile soft-touch cobalt-blue material, offers Automatic Volume Control for seamless volume adjustment depending on a user’s environment.
“We’re excited to launch the Sound ID 200, as we believe it’s comfortable fit, compact size and easy-to-use features are qualities that today’s consumers are looking for,” said Michael Jones, President and CEO of Sound ID. “Most importantly, the 200 delivers the proprietary sound-enhancing features that make our headsets the best on the market for hands-free conversations in noisy mobile environments.”
- RealComfort™ EarLoops are scientifically designed to provide a secure and comfortable fit and better channel sound into the ear for enhanced listening.
- Automatic Volume Control eliminates the need for constant volume adjustment in variable noise situations such as driving.
- NoiseNavigation™ delivers Increased speech intelligibility as dual microphones automatically isolate speech while minimizing background noise.
- A Micro-USB charging port enables users to charge the Sound ID 200 with standard micro USB chargers. The headset comes with an AC charger (100-240V) and a USB charging cable.
Sound ID 200 Specifications
- Lightweight: Less than 8 grams (0.28 ounces)
- Dimensions: 53.5 x 15.5 x 7.5 millimeters (2.1 x 0.6 x 0.3 inches)
- Long Battery Life: Up to 6 hours talk time, 220 hours (9 days) standby
- Latest Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR with eSCO improves the transmission sound quality and is backward compatible with earlier versions of Bluetooth.
Pricing and Availability
The Sound ID 200 will be available at Amazon.com, Soundid.com, select Apple Retail Stores and Fry’s Electronics for $99.99 in mid-April. It comes with a Universal AC charger (100-240 VAC), USB charging cable, three sizes of RealComfort EarLoops and an Ear Hook for an alternative over-the-ear option.