100 hours of TV programming stored in the cloud to watch on your terms
Sling TV customers can now request an invitation to participate in its cloud DVR beta program. Subscribers can store up to 100 hours of TV programming in the cloud to time shift TV watching. Unlike tradition DVRs that save recorded shows onto internal hard drives, Sling’s live TV (paid) streaming service essentially bookmarks them for later viewing. During the beta program there will be no extra charge for DVR functionality.
“Unlike other OTT services, we’re delivering a true cloud DVR with no 28-day restriction on your recordings, marking another win for Sling TV and our customers,” said Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV. “Two years ago we became the first live OTT provider, and we continue to innovate and bring the best experience to our customers.”
Cloud DVR features
- Entertainment on your time – Record movies, episodes or full series, with the ability to pause, rewind or fast-forward recorded content. DVR functionality not available on all channels.
- Conflict-free recording – Users may record multiple programs simultaneously, with no recording conflicts.
- Easy access – DVR content is integrated directly into Sling TV’s “My TV” screen for immediate access to recordings.
- Simple space management – Sling TV automatically manages DVR space to make room for new recordings by deleting the oldest ‘watched’ recording when capacity is full.
- More features to come – Sling TV will continue to evolve the cloud DVR throughout the beta time period based on customer feedback and usage behavior. DVR features planned for future development include the ability to upgrade storage space and protect recordings.
Cloud DVR will be available across all Roku devices to beta customers who subscribe to the single-stream service, Sling Orange, and/or the multi-stream service, Sling Blue. Sling TV subscribers using Roku devices may request an invitation to participate in the cloud DVR beta program by submitting their current Sling TV credentials to www.sling.com/dvr. Submission of email address does not guarantee admittance into the beta program. Selected subscribers will receive a confirmation at their subscriber email address with additional steps required to activate the cloud DVR functionality.
Participants in the beta program will test the new cloud DVR functionality and are encouraged to provide feedback to the Sling TV product team. Beta users must agree to usage terms and conditions to participate in the cloud DVR beta program.