Sennheiser announced the Amperior closed-back, supraaural dynamic on-ear headphones offering warm mids and deep powerful bass. Equipped with neodymium ferrous magnet systems and lightweight aluminium voice coils, they are capable of handling very high sound pressure levels.
These DJ-capable headphones are based on the HD 25 DJ headphones, bringing the club scene to the streets. The Amperior headphones offer a convenient smart remote and in-line microphone for iPad, iPhone and iPod, which can be used not only to regulate the volume and select tracks but also to take phone calls and activate the voice control feature.
The rugged Amperior headphones can cope with an extremely high sound pressure level and offer professional-level sound. Powerful neodymium magnets provide natural, lifelike sound reproduction with a frequency response of 16 to 22,000 Hertz. The closed design reliably keeps out background noise, while the adjustable headband and low weight ensure a comfortable fit. The ear cups can be rotated for the classic DJ monitoring style: one-sided listening.
The Amperior headphones are equipped with a 3.5 mm stereo jack plug and the nominal impedance has been reduced to allow optimum connection to portable players.
- Closed, supraaural dynamic headphones
- Neodymium ferrous magnet systems and lightweight aluminium voice coils
- Balanced audio reproduction with warm mids and deep powerful bass
- Capable of handling club level volumes with high maximum sound pressure level
- Rotatable capsule for one-ear listening
- High attenuation of background noise
- Detachable smart remote with in-line microphone unit for ease of use
- Extremely robust construction
- Lightweight and comfortable, even if used for extended periods of time
- 2 year warranty
“The Amperior offers everything you need for a unique sound experience when you're out and about. It's the perfect combination of sound, style and functionality — without compromises,” said Maurice Quarre, Director Product Lifecycle Management Sennheiser Consumer Electronics.
Price and Availability
The Sennheiser Amperior headphones will be available March 2012 in silver or blue luminous finish for $349.95.
|16 – 22000 Hz
|Sound pressure level (SPL)
|THD, total harmonic distortion
|< 0.3 % (1 kHz/100 dB)
|3.5 mm straight
|1.2 m connected to the headphone
|0.96 m detachable cable connected to the remote control
|Weight w/o cable
|190 g approx.
|2.5 N approx.