If you must have a 6-inch smartphone today and can’t wait for the Nexus 6 or think iPhone 6 Plus is too small, then consider the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 released today at AT&T for $149.99 with two-year contract. The Android 4G LTE smartphone features a quad-core processor for speedy multi-tasking and responsiveness along with the added benefit of battery management features.
Inside GALAXY Mega 2 is the powerful Quad Core A9 processor running at 1.5 GHz. On the downside, the screen resolution is low at only 720 x 1280 pixels. A unique feature, because of its large screen, allows one-handed operation by shrinking the screen to a size you can reach with one hand. In addition, the home and back buttons shown on the side of the screen help you to easily control your phone with one hand.
- 8MP Camera with 4X Zoom: Capture your special moments with the Galaxy Mega 2’s 8MP rear-facing camera with 4X zoom. The camera’s on-screen controls make sure you’re ready to snap a picture at a moment’s notice.
- Multi-task without Interruptions: Not only can you have two apps open at once with the split-screen mode, but with the new multi-instance Mode you can open the same application in two windows at once. The Galaxy Mega 2 offers all this without having to pause your navigation or a movie when receiving phone calls or texts.
- Private Mode: The Galaxy Mega 2’s Private Mode allows you to keep personal files protected with a password, making it more secure than ever before.
- Improved Battery Management: What’s better than quad-core speed? The ability to use it all day with limited charging. 8 The Galaxy Mega 2 comes equipped with a 2,800mAh removable lithium-ion battery, and Ultra Power Saving Mode, which allows you to receive calls and texts for up to 24 hours on a 10 percent charge.
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 is available for purchase starting October 24, 2014 at att.com and in AT&T retail stores for:
- $19.80 a month with Next 18
- $23.75 a month with Next 12
- $149.99 with a new two-year contract
- $474.99 with no annual commitment