Pioneer today introduced six new CD receivers and one digital media receiver for 2016 that are designed to complement the consumer’s connected lifestyle in the car. The DEH-X6800BT (pictured top), DEH-X5800HD, DEH-X4800BT, DEH-X3800S, DEH-X3800UI and DEH-X2800UI CD receivers and the MVH-X380BT CD-free digital media receiver feature a new cosmetic design and a variety of smartphone-centric technologies and entertainment options including advanced Bluetooth functionality, Android Open Accessory Protocol (AOA) 2.0 support for Android and Android Media Transfer Protocol, Siri Eyes Free functionality, simple Pandora station creation, USB Auto Switch, and MIXTRAX.
- BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X6800BT, DEH-X4800BT, and MVH-X380BT feature built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The Bluetooth models also feature Bluetooth Dual Device Connection for full-time connection of two smartphone devices at the same time. The feature enables a call to be picked up by either of the paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices.
- To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process with iPhone devices, compatible models are enabled for Auto Pairing when utilizing a physical USB connection. Users simply connect an iPhone to the Pioneer receiver using an iPhone-to-USB cable, and the receiver automatically prompts the user to confirm pairing, eliminating the need to go through the wireless “searching for devices” process.
- HFP 1.6 with Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 produces significantly better sound quality for wireless conversations by increasing the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz – 7kHz) and doubling the sampling frequency (now 16kHz). The result is clearer and more distinct sound for both the user and the call recipient.
- Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Users can search album content over a wireless connection via the Bluetooth-enabled models. iPhone owners can search through their playlists, artists, songs, and genres over Bluetooth. For Android smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through folders containing media through folder type and browse in media content folders. The smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile or newer to access Bluetooth Audio Browsing.
- USB CONNECTIVITY – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drives, or Android devices via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display of track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer to use Media Transfer Protocol.
- SIRI EYES FREE – Pioneer receiver models with Bluetooth enable users of an iPhone 4s and above to access Siri Eyes Free with the simple press of a key. Siri Eyes Free allows users to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, get mapping information, listen to notifications, listen to calendar information and add reminders by voice.
- AOA 2.0 SUPPORT FOR ANDROID (all models) – AOA 2.0 enables Android owners to play music streaming apps and control basic functionality, Play/Pause and Skip Song, using the buttons of the receiver. The new feature requires the Android device to be running Android 4.1 or newer and be plugged into the receiver via the USB connection on the front of the unit.
- PANDORA STATION CREATION (all models) – The Pandora station creation feature enables users to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device (physical connection required) or compatible Android smartphone. Users can simply press and hold a button on the new receivers to create a new Pandora station dynamically from the currently playing song or artist.
- SIRIUSXM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X3800S is SiriusXM compatible with the SXV300 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, cost-effective solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer’s receivers include the Tune Start, Tune Scan, Tune Mix and Sports Flash features.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEH-X5800HD features built-in HD Radio, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio and additional multi-casting programming on HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations across the country.
NEW COSMETIC DESIGN AND FUNCTIONALITY
The cosmetic changes of the new line create a sleeker, more open and accessible display. The models now offer a larger 13 character display enabling more metadata to be shown on the face of the receivers. Pioneer increased accessibility of control functionality, shifting the master control knob to the left side of the DEH-X2800UI, DEH-X4800BT, and MVH-X380BT models and illuminating the presets and track up and track down buttons of the DEH-X6800BT, DEH-X5800HD, DEH-X3800S and DEH-X3800UI. All receivers also include USB Auto Switch feature – when the phone is connected via USB the listener has the option to choose whether the receiver uses the phone as a source, or just charges the device.
Price and Availability
Pioneer CD receivers will be available in August 2015 with suggested retail prices of:
- $120 (DEH-X6800BT)
- $110 (DEH-X5800HD)
- $110 (DEH-X4800BT)
- $110 (DEH-X3800S)
- $100 (DEH-X3800UI)
- $90 (DEH-X2800UI)
- $95 (MVH-X380BT) September release