Pivoting woofer design creates high performance home theater sound from nearly invisible speakers to deliver stunning dynamics and realism
MIAMI, FLORIDA — February 13, 2008 — Niles Audio Corporation, The First Name in Custom Installation, today announced that four new models in its recently expanded revolutionary line of Ceiling Mount, Directed SoundField Loudspeakers are now shipping, providing a complete range of high fidelity in-ceiling home theater surround sound solutions. The four new additions to the 7″ ceiling mount lineup include two center-channel and two special-effects loudspeakers that combine with existing models to provide three high definition Directed SoundField home theater system combinations at popular price points.
Employing voice-matched technologies, the new 7″ ceiling mount models feature Niles’ patented and award-winning Directed SoundField pivoting woofer and tweeter technologies, which enables the woofer and tweeter to be pivoted independently up to 15 degrees in any direction. Directed SoundField technology allows professional custom installers to place the loudspeakers where they look the best in the ceiling and direct the loudspeaker sound into the listening area where it will sound best.
“Niles dealers can now specify three grades of high performance Directed SoundField home theater systems that cover every price point,” said Frank Sterns, president of Niles. “With Niles Directed SoundField loudspeakers, professional system integrators can incorporate high definition home theater sound into ceilings to complement flat panel television installations.”
These new additions round out the existing and popular Directed SoundField Series. The new CM730DSC and new CM730DSFX combine with the existing CM730DS to create a complete home theater solution priced at $1,099.95.
The new CM750DSC and new CM750DSFX combine with the existing CM750DS to create a higher performance system priced at $1,349.95. Both packages provide value steps to the ultimate CM760DSC, CM760DSFX and CM760 system priced at $1,599.95.
CM7DS (Directed SoundField) Series Details:
- CM730DSC Center Channel — MSRP $249.95 each — employs an injection-molded polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround and a 1″ fluid-cooled UltraSilk soft dome tweeter for clarity at high frequencies
- CM730DSFX Surround Effects — MSRP $449.95 per pair — employs an injection-molded polypropylene woofer with butyl rubber surround and a dual 1″ fluid-cooled UltraSilk bridge-mounted tweeter array to direct the high-frequency sounds at opposing angles to create realistic surround sound effects
- CM750DSC Center Channel — MSRP $299.95 each — employs an injection-molded TCC (talc, carbon and ceramic) woofer with butyl rubber surround and a 1″ fluid-cooled Teteron dome tweeter for ultra-wide dispersion and smooth frequencies
- CM750DSFX Surround Effects — MSRP $549.95 per pair — employs an injection-molded TCC (talc, carbon and ceramic) woofer with butyl rubber surround and a 1″ fluid-cooled bridge-mounted Teteron dome tweeter array to direct the high-frequency sounds at opposing angles to create realistic surround sound effects
All new Ceiling Mount, Directed SoundField loudspeakers are now shipping to authorized Niles dealers.
- Four new models in Niles’ recently expanded revolutionary line of 7″ Ceiling Mount, Directed SoundField Loudspeakers are now shipping, rounding out the line with home theater application-specific speakers that combine with existing models to create three levels of award-winning Directed SoundField systems
- All models feature Niles’ patented and award-winning Directed SoundField pivoting woofer and tweeter technology that enables the woofer and tweeter to be pivoted independently up to 15 degrees in any direction after installation
- Directed SoundField loudspeakers feature integrated woofer/baffle design which allows greater woofer cone area and powerful bass response
- Directed SoundField loudspeakers install easily with Twist & Lock installation design
- All models feature MicroPerf rustproof aluminum grilles
Miami-based Niles Audio Corporation is a 30-year-old company recognized as The First Name in Custom Installation. The company is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of audio/video custom installation products and accessories and is guided by its vision to be the world’s leading provider of products and services that enable professional custom installers to design and install systems that delight their customers. To that end, Niles pursues a mission to provide solutions for end users which enable simple and easy access to home entertainment and that integrate seamlessly with other low voltage subsystems like lighting, internet, security and HVAC in residential and light commercial environments. Niles conducts its business with a promise to treat its customers, employees, suppliers and stakeholders with fairness and respect and to foster teamwork, innovation and a commitment to be the best in everything it does.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Mike Detmer at Niles Audio Corporation, 12331 SW 130th Street, Miami, FL 33186 (1-800-BUY-HIFI; ext. 197) or by visiting www.nilesaudio.com.