CHAMPAIGN, IL – September 1, 2006 – CodexNovus, the leader in stand-alone and networked media server products, is proud to introduce the HDcodex DML-1600 standalone digital media player. Featuring 1.6 terabytes of memory, the DML-1600 will allow the media lover to access his or her entire collection of movies, music, and other media at the touch of a button. The new server will support all commonly used digital media formats, in SD and HD formats at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080p. High-resolution audio is delivered in multi-channel 5.1, and 7.1 formats — all in a self-contained platform designed for unparalleled ease of use.
“Our goal is to take the best digital playback technology on the market — and make it invisible,” said CodexNovus’ president Hugo Feugen. “We’re allowing the movie and music lover to forget about the equipment and put his or her focus where it belongs — on the media experience itself.”
Easiest User Interface on the Market
• The DML-1600 is built around HDcodex, a powerful user interface system designed by CodexNovus. HDcodex lets you find and control your favorite media quickly, with all source information and metadata. No keyboards, mouses, or technicians are required.
• The HDcodex interface is ISF-certified and incorporates All Media Guide’s (AMG) LASSO media recognition system.
All HDcodex products can be totally remote-control driven, using the infrared remote control included, or by RS-232. Additionally, the DML-1600 is compatible with most popular home control systems.
• The DML-1600 offers matchless flexibility and configuration options and supports MPEG, AVI, TS, VC-1, MP2, MP3, AC3, WAV, AAC, HTML, SWF, BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF and JPEG media files.
Most Flexible Player Yet
• HDcodex’s powerful memory access and streaming systems allow for simultaneous streams of different media to different rooms anywhere in the home or business. And its unique multimedia support capacity makes it the ideal server for a trade show presentation environment, point-of-purchase kiosk, or any interactive environment.
• As the user’s media collection grows, HDcodex provides for virtually limitless storage capacity, which can be expanded at any time, simply by adding disk storage. Additionally, the system supports the latest compression technologies, conserving disk space while still maintaining video and audio quality.
• At an MSRP of $6,999, the HDcodex DML-1600 is priced thousands of dollars lower than comparable competing models, while still allowing for a generous dealer profit margin.
The HDcodex DML-1600 is making its debut at Booth #141, Colorado Convention Center, at the 2006 CEDIA EXPO in Denver, Colorado, September 14-17, 2006. Delivering more performance and flexibility than systems costing thousands more, by any measure HDcodex is truly…Definition…Defined.
• CodexNovus introduces the HDcodex DML-1600 stand-alone media server with 1.6 Terabytes of storage.
• Easy-to-operate, newly updated, user interface is operated thru IR remote control or by RS-232 and are compatible with most popular external control systems.
• Most reasonably priced media server on the market.
• Organizes any collection of DVDs, CDs, home movies, pictures and metadata media files.
• Provides high quality video in SD and HD formats at resolutions up to 1920 x 1080p.
• Delivers 5.1 and 7.1 high resolution digital audio.
• ISF-Certified and enabled with AMG’s LASSO media recognition system.
• Single room solution for your family room or a powerful networked whole house media server that can provide multiple streams of on-demand content simultaneous to any room in the house.
• Supports the following media file formats: MPEG, AVI, TS, MP2, MP3, AC3, WAV, AAC, HTML, SWF, BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF and JPEG.
• Ideal for home theaters, tradeshows, point-of-purchase kiosks and retail environments.
• Storage capacity can be expanded at any time by adding more disk storage.
About CodexNovus, Inc.
Champaign, Illinois-based CodexNovus was formed in March 2000 by Hugo Feugen, the president of CodexNovus. The company produces leading-edge media server products and technology designed to embrace the ever-growing world of digital content in both the residential and commercial markets. The company’s mission is to open up the world of stunningly beautiful HDTV imagery and multi-channel audio that surrounds you by offering affordable media servers which allow instant access to complete digital audio, video, and image libraries in the home or in commercial applications. A benchmark ideology of CodexNovus is to provide products that are easily expandable and upgradeable so that you can be certain you have a system designed against near-term obsolescence.
For additional information on CodexNovus and its products, please visit www.codexnovus.com.