Blue Microphones just introduced Mo-Fi, the first headphone that combines a built-in audiophile amplifier and ultra-premium drivers to deliver true high-fidelity sound. Mo-Fi’s amplifier takes the burden of power off of mobile devices, improving their performance in the process and contributing to the high fidelity experience. Its amp offers six times more power than typical mobile devices and is perfectly matched to ultra-premium 50 mm hi-fi drivers capable of incredible detail and accuracy. This combination of high-end, high-fidelity drivers and a perfectly matched amplifier means Mo-Fi can handle rapid peaks, driving beats, and dramatic musical crescendos in a way that you’ve never heard before.
Unlike bass-in-your-face headphones, Mo-Fi lets users choose their own acoustic adventure with three amp settings-On, On+, and Off. When switched to On, Mo-Fi activates the amp to deliver powerful, detailed sound. On+ engages the amp’s analog low-frequency enhancement circuit to deliver incredibly deep and smooth bass. Off puts Mo-Fi in passive mode, for connecting to a home A/V receiver that may already have high-output amplification for headphones. No DSP tricks with Mo-Fi – these settings are 100% analog to ensure a listening experience that’s true to the music.
Blue developed Mo-Fi’s multi-jointed headband and earcups from the ground up, marking a complete departure from traditional headphone design. Instead of using a fixed “spring loaded” headband structure, Blue invented a multi-jointed headband that provides total comfort and adjustability for a variety of head shapes and sizes. The earcups – shaped like ears – stay parallel at all times, creating the best seal for solid bass response, improved isolation, and reduction in sound bleed.
For height adjustment, Mo-Fi’s pivoting-arm design allows for unprecedented range of motion and a personalized fit. The earcups simply float into place or fully extend out of the way when worn around the neck. Ditching the one-tension-fits-all approach, Blue incorporated a headband adjustment knob that allows listeners to dial-in the perfect pressure and tightness. This design also improves sound isolation and reduces ambient noise – perfect for noisy public areas or loud recording sessions.
Mo-Fi’s intelligent power handling ensures that the over-ear headphones are always ready for action. The rechargeable battery, charged via micro USB, lets listeners rock out with 12-14 hours of actual play time. Mo-Fi knows when the headphones have been removed and automatically turns off to save power. And even if the battery runs out, Mo-Fi will continue to play in the Off setting, eliminating music blackouts once and for all.
Price and Availability
Mo-Fi is available now for $349.99 at Best Buy Magnolia, Amazon, Guitar Center, Musician’s Friend, Sweetwater, and is coming soon to retailers worldwide.
- Custom high-powered audiophile amplifier
- 50 mm, fiber-reinforced dynamic driver
- Sealed over-ear design for superior isolation and feedback prevention
- User-adjustable tension and suspension adapt to any head shape
- and size for a perfect fit
- Racecar-inspired multi-jointed headband design keeps earcups parallel
- at all times for superior comfort and sound
- All-analog amplifier performance modes: passive, active and enhanced bass
- Powers on and off automatically when headphones are opened and closed
- Rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of playtime; Mo-Fi continues to play music even when battery has no charge
- Output power: 240mW
- THD+N: 0.004%
- Frequency response: 15Hz-20kHz
- SNR, self noise:> 105 dB
- Noise:< 20 uV
- Battery capacity:1020mAh
- Type and size:50mm, fiber-reinforced dynamic driver
- Impedance: 42 ohms
- Frequency response: 15Hz-20kHz
- Enclosure details: Sealed enclosure with tuned damping materials
- Weight:466 g (16.44 oz)
- Outer dimensions Closed: 21cm x 14cm x 12cm (8.27″ x 5.51″ x 4.72″)
- Outer dimensions Open: 18cm x 29cm x 12cm (7.09″ x 11.42″ x 4.72″)