The custom integration market is extremely busy right now as more and more consumers have decided that they are not comfortable returning to theaters and many made the decision during the pandemic lockdowns that if they’re going to be stuck at home or working from home — they want the complete multi-room audio/video experience at home. The new McIntosh MI1250 multi-channel power amplifier is exactly the type of amplifier that custom integrators are looking for.
McIntosh today introduced the MI1250 12-channel power amplifier for the custom installation market. The MI1250 (50 watts x 12) joins the more powerful MI128 8-channel power amplifier (120 watts x 8) for multi-room audio installations.
With 12-channels of class D amplification on tap, the MI1250 can distribute music playback in multiple rooms in a home. It delivers 50 watts into 8 ohm speakers or 90 watts into 4 ohm speakers via highly sophisticated closed loop digital switching amplifiers that are paired with extremely robust power supplies to produce performance levels that are rarely achieved in distributed audio.
The MI1250 has installer-friendly physical dimensions and is 2U rack mountable via the included mounting ears (the mounting ears are removable for non-rack installations). As a highly efficient class D amplifier, it does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature.
On the front panel, multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel. On the back are unbalanced inputs plus 2-pole Phoenix style push-in speaker terminals for each channel. Also located on the back are volume controls for volume balancing, along with 2 digital audio inputs (either coax or optical) that can be bussed, and channel summing circuits for easy mono signal distribution.
- Power Guard® signal overload technology that prevents overdriving the speakers.
- Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
- BUS input and outputs to easily distribute a stereo signal to multiple outputs and/or multiple amplifiers.
- Individual channel inputs.
- 12 Volt triggering capabilities to automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off.
- Eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time or automatically turns the amp on when it senses a signal.
The MI1250 includes many McIntosh design cues including a black glass front panel housing an illuminated McIntosh logo, along with a familiar form factor that is highlighted with silver trim.
Having just returned from an exclusive tour of the McIntosh factory in Binghamton, we’ve seen firsthand the level of engineering and manufacturing expertise that goes into each and every product.
Pricing & Availability
Orders for the MI1250 can now be placed with Authorized McIntosh dealers with shipping expected to begin in late October or early November 2021 to the United States and Canada, and to the rest of the world shortly thereafter.
Suggested retail price (VAT, shipping and any customs duties related to current standards of individual countries are excluded): $4,000 USD.