Kodak’s New Wireless All-in-One Inkjet Printers Promise Lowest Ink Replacement Cost in the Industry
Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE: EK) welcomes consumers to an even more affordable and effortless way to print, copy and scan photos and documents with the new KODAK ESP 7 & ESP 9 All-in-One (AiO) Printers. Kodak has combined the latest in printing technology with affordable, premium-quality inks to create sleek and powerful printers that allow consumers to print up to twice as many photos and documents for their money, saving consumers an average of $110 a year on ink*, compared to other leading consumer inkjet printers on the market.
“Kodak is delivering on its promise and is bringing people affordable, premium ink with the introduction of the new KODAK ESP 7 & ESP 9 All-in-One Printers,” said Susan Tousi, general manager, Inkjet Systems and vice president, Eastman Kodak Company. “We are focusing on providing innovative and intuitive printing solutions that deliver superb-quality results and the lowest total ink replacement cost in the industry**.”
Latest Innovations in Convenience and Ease-of-Use
The KODAK ESP 7 & ESP 9 AiO Printers feature the most intelligent paper tray system in the consumer inkjet printing industry. This new feature automatically adjusts settings based on 4×6 or 5×7 sizes and estimates paper amounts on both trays to ensure that consumers are more productive when printing. Additionally, secure Wi-Fi printing increases efficiency and flexibility by the ability to print from anywhere in the home to one cost-efficient printer. The 10″ one-touch control panel on the ESP 9 AiO Printer is a consumer inkjet industry-first that makes printing, copying, scanning and faxing even easier.
High-Quality and Performance at Significant Value
The All-in-One Printers use Kodak’s premium pigmented inks that come in a simple two-cartridge setup – a black cartridge ($9.99 U.S. MSRP) and a five-ink color cartridge ($14.99 U.S. MSRP). The exclusive KODACOLOR Technology embedded in each printer enables consumers to cost-effectively print crisp documents and KODAK lab-quality photos1 This technology is a combination of four key elements–pigment-based inks, micro-porous photo papers, color and image science, and a Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems (MEMS) print head. Furthermore, Kodak’s Home Center Software includes exclusive Facial Retouch software that enables consumers to enhance their personal photographs right at home by automatically reducing blemishes and enhancing facial features in just one click.
- The KODAK ESP 7 AiO Printer ($199.99) features a large 3″ color LCD display along with memory card and USB slots to allow consumers to view, edit and print without a computer. The ESP 7 is enabled for Wi-FI and Ethernet-connected printing, and includes a duplexer for two-sided printing. In as little as 28 seconds2 people can print KODAK lab-quality1 4″X 6″ borderless photos that last a lifetime3. Documents also print fast – up to 32 pages per minute in black and 30 pages per minute in color.4
- The KODAK ESP 9 AiO Printer ($299.99) is perfect for the home office user with additional features such as fax capabilities, an auto-document feeder, built-in duplexer and built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection to get the most of a home computer network.
Growing Channel Presence and Availability
Kodak recently launched the KODAK AiO printers and system supplies in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina. Kodak is pleased to announce that Staples, the U.S.’s largest office superstore (OSS) chain, will now be offering KODAK AiO printers and inks. The ESP 7 AiO also will be available starting late September in select Best Buy and Circuit City stores, as well as Kodak.com. The ESP 9 AiO will be available online at kodak.com and other online retailers.
Kodak’s Consumer Desktop Inkjet Printing Systems Achieve Best-in-Class Print Permanence Ratings from Wilhelm Imaging Research
The Kodak ESP 7 & ESP 9 AiO printers and Kodak pigment-based inks have been tested with a wide range of Kodak photo papers and plain paper by the world’s leading independent permanence-testing laboratory, Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR), and have received the WIR Certified Print Permanence Testing Seal. According to WIR, which developed the industry’s first comprehensive, five-factor, print permanence testing methods, the KODAK AiO Printers, ink and media achieved WIR Display Permanence Ratings and Album/Dark Storage Ratings of greater than 120 years. Henry Wilhelm, president of Wilhelm Imaging Research stated, “The Kodak printers, pigment-based inks, and photo papers and plain paper have achieved the highest level of overall print permanence of any current consumer desktop printer system.”
“For consumers, this means that documents and photos printed with Kodak inkjet printers should be preserved in very good condition for more than 100 years in all common consumer display and storage environments. WIR’s tests also showed that Kodak inkjet prints are very resistant to damage in high-humidity conditions and, even when printed on plain paper, the prints are water resistant and won’t smear when pages are marked with highlighter pens.”
More information about the results of Wilhelm Imaging Research and QualityLogic findings regarding KODAK ESP All-In-One Printers and Kodak’s advanced pigmented inks and papers can be found at www.kodak.com/go/inkdata.
*Results based on average annual print volumes compared to leading consumer inkjet printers. Actual results may vary. For more information visit kodak.com/go/inkdata.
**As compared to leading consumer inkjet printers total ink load replacement costs using manufacturers recommended ink cartridges; excludes single cartridge printers. Based on IDC cartridge pricing survey data obtained January 2008.
- Using KODAK ULTRA Premium and KODAK Premium Photo Papers
- Print speed based on using KODAK ULTRA Premium Photo Paper – Studio Gloss, using WINDOWS OS-based PCs that meet recommended system requirements. Actual results may vary.
- Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR), using Kodak inks and a full range of Kodak photo and document papers in all common consumer display and storage environments. For more information, visit http://www.kodak.com/go/inkdata and http://www.wilhelm-research.com for details.
- Based on fastest document print mode using WINDOWS OS-based PCs that meet recommended system requirements. Actual results may vary.