HP just introduced its first Chromebook, a 14-inch budget notebook PC offering a seamless Google experience for Search, Gmail, YouTube, Google Drive and Google+ Hangouts. Its 14-inch HP BrightView screen is 2-inches larger than current competitor’s Chromebooks, making it a viable candidate for home and mobile use.
Powered by an Intel Celeron processor and Intel high-definition (HD) graphics, the HP Pavilion Chromebook includes a 16GB solid-state drive for fast start-up times. Extra hardware security via the built-in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) protects against unauthorized access to sensitive data and credentials so customers can feel confident that personal data is protected. The HP Pavilion Chromebook weighs just under 4 pounds.
A full array of ports including HDMI, USB 2.0 and Ethernet jack, and a combination headphone and microphone jack allow for fast and easy connections to displays and other devices.
The HP Pavilion Chromebook features an HP Imprint design in sparkling black, up to 4 GB of memory and a removable battery. An HP TrueVision HD Webcam offers superb viewing experience, even in low lighting conditions.
With 100 GB of free storage on Google Drive for two years, customers can access their content from any internet-connected device—while at home or on the go. Plus, users can visit the Chrome Web Store to customize their HP Chromebook by downloading applications for work or play.
- 1.1 GHz Intel Celeron Processor 847 with 2MB L3 Cache
- 2GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM), support up to 4GB
- 14.0-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768)
- Up to 4 hours and 15 minutes of battery life
- Full-size island-style keyboard
- Altec Lansing dual speakers
- Multi-format digital media card reader for Secure Digital cards and Multimedia cards
- 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 HDMI, 1 RJ-45 (LAN), 1 Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack
Pricing and Availability
The HP Pavillion Chromebook 14 is available now for $329.99 at HPDirect.com