FujiFilm just announced the 16-megapixel X-T10 interchangeable lens camera starting at $800 (body only). The new premium camera uses advanced scene recognition and new auto focus system. The X-T10 uses the latest generation 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor with built-in phase detection autofocus along with the high-performance EXR Processor II, and is compatible with all FUJINON lenses to deliver excellent resolution and outstanding image quality. Other notable features include a new innovative autofocus system, large electronic Real Time Viewfinder, and incredible continuous shooting speed of up to 8.0fps. The X-T10 also has an amazingly short lag time of just 0.005 seconds so users can be ready and capture every image imaginable.
The FUJIFILM X-T10 uses a new auto focus system that complements the fast and accurate single-point auto focus system with new Zone and Wide/Tracking modes, which use 77 autofocus points across a wider area to substantially improve the camera’s ability to track and capture moving subjects.
The Zone mode allows users to choose a 3×3, 3×5 or 5×5 zone from the 77-point auto focus area. When combined with the AF-C continuous focusing mode, the camera continues tracking a subject in the selected zone. The 3×3 and 3×5 zones at the center, in particular, offer extra-fast focusing with the use of the built-in phase detection pixels.
In the Wide/Tracking mode, the camera displays the area in focus, identified automatically out of the 77-point auto focus area (Wide in the AF-S mode) and tracks the focus area’s subject across the entire 77-point AF area (Tracking in the AF-C mode). This makes it possible to maintain focus on a subject that moves vertically, horizontally, and back and forth.
The FUJIFILM X-T10 has an all-new design that packs the best X-Series functionality into a compact and lightweight body, perfect for travelling light. The X-T10 top and base plates are made of a lightweight, but highly rigid, die-cast magnesium. The top plate features three precision-milled aluminum dials that give the X-T10 a premium feel and allow users to intuitively adjust the combination of aperture, shutter speed and shooting functions while concentrating on picture taking.
The X-T10’s back panel has a 3” 920K-dot tilting LCD monitor that makes above head and close to the ground shooting easy and fun. The X-T10 also has a new Auto Mode Switch lever for selecting the fully-automatic Advanced SR Auto mode. In this mode, the camera automatically chooses optimum settings for a given scene to make shooting effortless.
The X-T10 body also features an integrated pop-up flash, positioned in the center of the top plate that uses Super Intelligent Flash to automatically adjust light output according to the scene type.
The FUJIFILM X-T10 is compatible with every current FUJINON lens – 18 premium lenses ranging from ultra-wide-angle to telephoto, including five fast aperture prime lenses. These lenses bring out the very best image quality from the X-T10. Together with optional accessories including X- mount adapters and macro extension tubes, users can experience a full range of photographic possibilities with images that achieve edge-to-edge definition for high-resolution pictures across the entire frame.
- 16.3 million Megapixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Fast AF of 0.06 seconds
- Startup time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.005 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- Large viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.62x
- Wide viewing angle (horizontal 25°)
- Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005 second and new Natural Live View with Preview Picture Effect
- Tempered glass 920K-dot high-precision 3” tilting LCD monitor
- Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking
- Completely electronic shutter up to 1/32000 seconds
- ISO200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto (maximum ISO setting from ISO 400 – ISO6400 available)
- ISO setting of up to 51200 for ultra-high sensitivity that produces low noise and strong blacks in low light conditions.
- ‘Classic Chrome’ and ten other film simulation modes with eight Advanced Filter functions
- Eye Detection AF to automatically detect and focus on human eyes
- Full HD video 1080p at 60fps; bit rate of 36Mbps for clear capture of delicate movements; frame rates of 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and
- 24fps, supporting worldwide motion picture formats with a high bit rate of 36Mbps for high definition video capture
- Manual focus available during video recording
- Auto Macro function automatically activates the Macro mode while maintaining AF speed
- Variable aspect ratio can be selected from 3:2, 16:9, and 1:1 (square) to accommodate a wide range of photographic styles
- Interval timer shooting for time lapse photography is available with intervals of one second to 24 hours and up to 999 frames.
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer.
Price and Availability
The FUJIFILM X-T10 will be available in black or silver June 2015 in the following configurations:
- X-T10 Body – USD $799.95 USD \ CAD $899.99.
- X-T10 XC16-50mm Kit – USD $899.95 \ CAD $999.99.
- X-T10 XF18-55mm Kit – USD $1,099.95 \ CAD $1,249.99.