FujiFilm announced the 16-megapixel FinePix XP200 rugged digital camera, which features an improved CMOS sensor, a reinforced 5x FUJINON lens, easy wireless image transfer, and a newly redesigned battery door lock with double seals for enhanced protection. The adventure-ready camera is waterproof to 50ft (15M), shockproof to 6.6ft, freezeproof to 14°F (-10°C) and dustproof.
The FinePix XP200 uses an improved 16MP CMOS sensor with CMOS Shift Image Stabilization to capture images that are sharp and clear, even in challenging low-light conditions. It also incorporates an internal 5x optical FUJINON zoom lens (28-140mm) that allows users to get close to the action, even under water. And with its Intelligent Digital Zoom, the XP200 can double its zoom range to 10x while still offering optimum image quality.
The XP200’s new wireless feature lets you transfer photos and movies from the camera to smartphones, tablets and computers and then upload high-quality images to social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter in seconds.
To connect the XP200 to a smartphone or tablet, users can download the free dedicated “FUJIFILM Camera Application” to their iPhone / iPad or Android smartphone or tablet device to transfer up to 30 pictures at a time from the XP200. The app also lets you download movies, expanding the range of options available for enjoying pictures taken with the camera. With its Wi-Fi capability, the XP200 also allows users to easily back up photos on their home computer. Users simply install the free “FUJIFILM PC AutoSave” software onto their computer and select which folder they want the photos to back up to, and then by linking a Wi-Fi Router and the XP200, the camera will automatically backup photos to their home computer.
Pictures stored on the XP200 can be viewed and selected for download on large smartphone or tablet screens for a smooth viewing experience. No wireless LAN access point or complicated ID or password entry is required, and once pictures have been downloaded to the smartphone, it is simple to upload them to social networking sites.
The FinePix XP200 has all the speed users need to capture their fast action including two high speed shooting modes, 10fps continuous shooting mode at full resolution (max 9 frames) and an ultra-high speed continuous shooting at up to 60fps (max 70 frames in 16:9, S size only). The XP200 even has a dedicated “Burst Mode Button” placed on the top of the camera that lets users utilize this mode instantly without having to fumble through menu options to activate…a camera specifically designed for action.
The FinePix XP200 allows users to shoot amazing action-packed HD videos delivering full HD 1080i (60fps) movie capture as well as a high speed movie recording at up to 240fps for incredible slow motion playback. The XP200 also features advanced in-camera movie editing including, “movie editing” and “movie join” to seamlessly pull together multiple video clips into a single movie.
The XP200 has bright and vibrant 3.0” 920K-dot LCD monitor which has an anti-reflective coating that makes viewing images and data on the camera easy and crystal clear, even in bright sunlight. The screen features an automatic brightness adjustment feature which can be optimized to monitor brightness to account for ambient lighting, which saves battery power without sacrificing clarity.
- The XP200 features an Advanced Filter option that lets users enjoy a variety of photographic expressions. The XP200 artistic effects include:
- Pop Color – great for boosting contrast and saturation
- Toy Camera – adds vignetting for a 70’s retro look
- Miniature – blurred top and bottom sections for a tilt-and-shift effect
- Partial Color – selects one color and takes the rest of the shot in black and white (choose from red, purple, yellow, green, blue and orange)
- Soft Focus – create a soft focus effect evenly throughout the whole image
- High Key – increases overall brightness and reduces contrast
- Cross Screen – adds starbursts around bright objects
- Waterproof to 50ft/15m
- Shockproof to 6.6ft/2m
- Freezeproof to 14°F/-10°C
- 1/2.3” 16MP CMOS sensor
- 5x optical zoom (10x total using Intelligent Digital zoom)
- CMOS-shift image stabilization
- 3.0” LCD screen with anti-reflective coating
- Wireless Image Transfer to smartphones and tablets
- Full HD movie recording and a dedicated “Movie Recording Button”
- 10fps4 continuous shooting mode at full resolution (max 9 frames) with dedicated “Burst Mode Button”
- High speed multi-frame processing – record two shots or more at different exposures and then combine them to achieve High Dynamic Range (HDR) shots with natural contrast that preserves details in the highlights and shadows.
- Motion Panorama 360 – create a 360° panoramic shot by selecting the mode, pressing the shutter button and spinning around in a circle.
- Individual Shutter 3D – create fun images with a 3D effect by combining two shots taken from slightly different angles.
Pricing and Availability
The FujiFilm FinePix XP200 will be available in May 2013 for $299.95, and will be available in black, yellow, blue and red.