Scans up to One Photo per Second, Restores Faded Photos, Organizes Collections, and Saves to Cloud
Epson today introduced the FastFoto FF-640 high-speed photo and document scanner poised to change the way people preserve and share the billions of photos tucked away in attics, basements, garages, and closets. An innovative alternative to flatbed scanners and costly third-party scan services, FastFoto can scan photos as fast as one photo per second and easily restores faded photos to their original color to share with family and friends via the cloud and on social media, like Facebook and Instagram.
Featuring a 30-photo auto feeder, FastFoto scans photos to a designated hard drive, and offers tools to support easy uploading to services such as Facebook, Dropbox and Google Drive to share with family and friends anytime, anywhere. Unlike most scanning solutions, FastFoto scans both the front and back of photos and postcards in a single pass, capturing valuable dates and personal handwritten notes. Epson’s scanning software also features a unique naming system to organize photo collections with recognizable file and folder names, searchable metadata, and a capture date that aligns with the date of the photo, not the date the image was scanned.
With just one click, Smart Photo Fix (SPF) Technology automatically brings new life to old photos with color restoration for faded photos, red-eye reduction and auto enhancement features. The scanner is designed to handle precious memories with Dynamic Skew Correction (DSC) and a sophisticated multi-roller paper feed design to automatically correct the angle at which a photo or document enters the scanner. FastFoto also includes a special handling sheet to protect small, old, damaged, or fragile photos, while the Ultrasonic Sensor allows Double Feed Detection to help avoid missing any photos or mis-feeds, and Auto Size Detection makes it easy to scan multiple sizes in a single stack.
In addition to photos, the FastFoto scanning system is a powerful document scanner for children’s artwork, bills and invoices, or other home or business documents. Scanning as fast as 45 ppm/90 ipm. FastFoto 640 Photo Scanner will scan documents to email, an online storage account, or any folder on your PC. FastFoto includes a TWAIN, is compatible with Windows and Mac OS and includes OCR software for creating searchable PDFs or scanning into editable formats like Word and Excel files.
- Scan thousands of photos as fast as one photo per second at 300 dpi
- Scan images from wallet-sized to panoramic photos at up to 600 dpi
- Bring new life to old photos automatically with Smart Photo Fix (SPF) Technology, red-eye reduction and color enhancement features
- Single scan captures image and handwritten notes on the back
- Special handling sheet, custom rollers and paper path to accommodate fragile photos
- Epson’s proprietary image-processing technology optimizes image quality across printers, projectors and scanners
- Scan and save documents and memorabilia; scan documents as fast as 45 ppm/90 ipm
- Includes Document Capture Pro to create searchable PDFs for easy retrieval and ABBYY FineReader to scan to editable files
- Easily create slideshows, displays and more for anniversaries, weddings and family reunions
Pricing and Availability
The Epson FastFoto FF-640 is now available for $649.99. It comes with a one-year limited warranty.