Delivers Brilliant Image Quality With 1080p Resolution and 75,000:1 Contrast Ratio for Only $2,999
Building on its leadership position as the number-one selling projector brand worldwide(ii), Epson today announced the latest addition to its award-winning line of 3LCD 1080p front projectors, the PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB. Offering true 1080p (1,920 x 1,080 pixels) resolution with the latest 3LCD D7 chip set for significantly higher contrast, a built-in HQV Reon-VX processor by Silicon Optix, and a wide range of new performance advantages, the Home Cinema 6500 UB delivers an outstanding viewing experience for home entertainment and AV enthusiasts.
Featuring 3LCD technology with Epson’s new “Crystal Clear Fine” D7 chip set and UltraBlack™ (Vertical Alignment) technology, the Home Cinema 6500 UB displays superb black levels and extraordinary details. 3LCD technology enables the projector to deliver realistic, vibrant colors without the possibility of color break-up, unlike single-chip projectors, which use a spinning color wheel to create their colors. It also allows the Home Cinema 6500 UB to provide a significantly enhanced contrast ratio – up to an unrivaled 75,000:1 – to deliver darker blacks and brighter whites.
“With top-of-the-line features and a sub-$3,000 price point, the Home Cinema 6500 UB nicely complements Epson’s current lineup of home entertainment offerings,” said Marge Ang, senior product manager, Epson America. “We have added tremendous performance enhancements to this projector to provide home theater buffs with unmatched features and advantages in this price range.”
An exclusive Dynamic Iris system with automatic light output adjustments up to 60 times per second makes the Home Cinema 6500 UB projector ideal for fast-action movies and sports. It also features Epson’s exclusive Cinema Filter, which delivers a larger color space for true-to-life colors. In addition, Epson’s 12-bit 3LCD driver technology increases the projector’s color gamut to 68.72 billion available colors for an enhanced viewing experience.
The Home Cinema 6500 UB also features a unique OptiCinema™ multi-lens system, developed by Fujinon, the leading provider of precision optics to the digital film and HDTV camera industry. This lens system allows for sharp, clear images, and precise focus and adjustment flexibility with the lens shift feature. The projector is also equipped with Silicon Optix’s HQV Reon-VX scaling and deinterlacing video processor to reduce mosquito and block noise, while adding multi-level contrast enhancement and other picture improvement options. In addition, Epson’s new FineFrame™ technology delivers smoother and sharper motion pictures, while virtually eliminating judder to provide optimum picture detail for viewers.
Additional Home Cinema 6500 UB features and benefits include:
- Brightness of up to 1,600 lumens of white light output and color light output(iii)
- Improved airflow system for more efficient use of power, reduced cool-down periods and lower fan speeds resulting in noise as low as 22 dB
- Advanced air filtration system with large surface area for greater efficiency
- New, brighter 200W E-TORL lamp delivers high brightness using less energy for up to 4000 hours of lamp life(iv)
- Dual HDMI 1.3a digital inputs, S-video input, composite video input, and VGA-type RGB input (D-sub 15)
- Manual lens shift of 100 percent maximum up/down (vertical) and 50 percent maximum left/right (horizontal) to accommodate a wide range of room configurations
- 6 Color Modes – Dynamic, Living Room, Natural, Theater, Theater Black 1, Theater Black 2, x.v.Color
- Stylish, sleek design featuring white casing and reversible Epson logo on the front panel allow the projector to be reoriented for tabletop, shelf and ceiling mounting
Availability and Support
The Home Cinema 6500 UB will be available in late-January through authorized Epson projector dealers for an estimated street price of $2,999. The projector also comes with Epson’s award-winning service and support, including with a two-year limited warranty; 90 day lamp warranty; toll-free access to PrivateLine, Epson’s priority technical support; and free overnight exchange with Extra Care(SM) Home Service.
(i) Based on home theater projectors under $4,000
(ii) Based upon Q2 2008 worldwide front projection market share estimates from Pacific Media Associates
(iii) Light output varies depending on modes (color and white lightoutput)
(iv) Lamp life will vary depending on mode selected, environmental conditions and usage. Lamp brightness decreases over time.