World’s most powerful mobile workstation, now available with Intel’s next-generation dual core processors
The “beast” — Dell’s Precision M6500, the world’s most powerful mobile workstation – is now available with the option of next-generation Intel Core i7 or Core i5 dual core processors for optimum computing power. The M6500 dual core enables customers to work wherever and whenever inspiration strikes them with the power of a desktop workstation in a portable package.
“The Dell Precision M6500 dual core is a welcome addition to our mobile workstation family as we strive to meet the needs of a diverse and demanding workforce,” says Greg Weir, senior manager, Dell Precision workstations. “Combined with our robust ‘eco system’ of partners, the M6500 dual core enables users to work without compromise while reaping the benefits of a system that’s tailored to meet their unique computing needs.”
Additional product highlights include:
- Optional Intel Core i7-920XM Quad Core Extreme Edition, Core i7 dual core or Core i5 dual core processor linked with fast with 1066MHz, 1333MHz and 1600MHz memory;
- Support for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, along with Red Hat Linux 5.3 64-bit;
- Optional RGB LED edge-to-edge 17-inch screen with 100 percent user-selectable color gamut support;
- Of the top four mobile workstation vendors, the Dell Precision M6500 is the only mobile workstation to offer optional RAID 5 and three internal storage devices. With the option of three internal storage drives and a 64GB SSD MiniCard, users can add up to two additional HDD’s in a RAID 0 or 1 for a max configuration more than 1TB.
- The system can be enhanced with the addition of the optional, USB 3.0, 3.2MP camera, and Gobi 2.0 support.
The dual-core versions of the Dell Precision M6500 will be available for order in the coming weeks. Base pricing starts at $2,749.