Energy Efficient Models Deliver Competitive Printing Performance, Low Total Cost of Printing and Outstanding Business Value
Dell today announced three new color laser printer models and enhanced its printer services with a collection of ProSupport, installation, and recycling options. With more and different offerings, Dell plans to address broader audience needs with business-valued feature improvements. Dell anticipates doing the same with its monochrome laser printers later this year.
“We have enjoyed great sales success with Dell 1320c which was launched last year,” said Tim Peters, Vice President and General Manager for Dell Imaging, Displays, Software and Peripherals. “The introduction of new color laser printers and services helps us address the printing needs of more customers who are looking to Dell to deliver competitive printing performance, total cost of printing, value and services.”
New Models, More Product Categories
- Dell 2135cn Multifunction Color Laser Printer – The Dell 2135cn MFP is a new category entry primarily for Small Business and Small Office/Home Office with low-mid volume usage. With a print speed of up to 12 pages per minute (ppm) color and 16ppm(5) monochrome and easy-to-use copying, scanning and faxing features, the Dell 2135cn MFP can replace multiple office devices and help businesses conserve resources, save energy and provide exceptional long-term value.
- Dell 2130cn Color Laser Printer – Coming soon, the Dell 2130cn is a new product category that fulfills the growing demand of small and medium size businesses looking for an affordable, high speed color printer solution for their everyday printing needs. With a high print speed of up to 16ppm color and up to 20ppm(5) monochrome, customers can get razor-sharp color print-outs quickly without leaving the office. Optional accessories such as duplexer, 250-sheet paper drawer, network protocol adapter and wireless printer adapter are also available for more demanding printing environments.
- Dell 3130cn Color Laser Printer – Available later this month, the Dell 3130cn is a high-performance networked color laser printer designed for small and medium businesses and larger workgroups. With a print speed of up to 26ppm color and 31ppm(5) monochrome and up to 70,000 pages maximum monthly duty cycle, the 3130cn provides superb, affordable color printing and features to address mid-to-high volume printing across virtually any networked environment.
Each printer comes with a standard one-year Limited Hardware Warranty,(1) Advanced Exchange,(2) or one-year Limited On-Site repair service following phone or online Remote Diagnosis.(3) Optional Standard Service and ProSupport Service upgrades are also available.
High yield toner cartridges are offered for all three models. These toner cartridges not only reduce user-intervention required to replenish toners but also deliver outstanding printing cost per page that are as low as 1.4 cents for black-and-white and 9.4 cents for color on the Dell 3130cn. Total cost of ownership can be up to 22% lower than a competitive offering on Dell 2130cn(4).
Additionally, all three models include the ability to continue printing in black-and-white after a color toner has run out that can help reduce productivity downtime experienced by businesses.
Dell’s complete lineup of color laser printers share state-of-the-art energy efficiency and management characteristics.
- ENERGY STAR Imaging Version 1.0 certified – The new color lasers are ENERGY STAR certified. On average, ENERGY STAR certified products are up to 25 percent more power efficient than non-ENERGY STAR models.
- Emulsion Aggregation Toners – These models can use less power during the fusing process and their chemically made toner can result in less CO2 emission during production than mechanically-made toners. The printer can warm up and print faster with vibrant image quality.
- Free Toner Recycling – Toner cartridges can be returned to Dell for recycling at no cost to the customer.
- Avoidance of Environmentally Sensitive Materials – New color lasers are compliant with various international standards for chemical use, including Chemical Registration, Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment and REACH – Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemical substances. Halogenated Flame Retardants are not used in external plastic mechanical parts.
- ProSupport Service Now Available for Printers – These services help reduce cost and complexity and increase the efficiency of printer environment with options designed for IT Administrators or End-Users. Customers also have the option of new Onsite Exchange, Onsite Diagnosis services, Fast-Track Dispatch programs and access to higher-level certified technicians.
- Printer Installation Services – Customers can choose installation services for large or small deployments. Dell also offers uninstall services to help customers with their end-to-end printer replacement cycle.
- Printer Takeback and Recycling – Customers can receive discounts on their new Dell printers when they return their used printers to Dell for recycling.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell is a leading global systems and services company and No. 34 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com.
- For a copy of limited hardware warranty, write Dell USA LP, Attn: Warranties, One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682 or visit dell.com/warranty.
- Replacement part or unit will be dispatched if necessary following phone-based troubleshooting in advance of receipt of returned defective unit. Availability varies. Other conditions apply. Defective unit must be returned. Replacements may be refurbished.
- Remote Diagnosis: determination by online/phone technician of cause of issue; may involve customer access to inside of system and multiple or extended sessions. On-Site Service: if issue is covered by Limited Hardware Warranty and not resolved remotely, technician and/or part will be dispatched, usually in 1 or 2 business days following completion of Remote Diagnosis. Availability varies. Other conditions apply.
- Compared with HP Color LaserJet CP1518ni. HP toner yield & prices taken from hp website as of 7/23/2008. Testing methodologies for toner yield claims may differ across manufacturers, which could have significant impact on toner yields and Total Cost of Ownership results. Key total cost of ownership assumptions: 400 pages monthly print volume over 36 months, 100% color print-outs only. High-yield consumables used when available ship-with consumables are depleted.
- Actual print speed will vary with use.