Bryston announced their first turntable called the BLP-1 in a collaboration with high-end Italian manufacturer Gold Note. The $3,995 turntable utilizes a belt drive design housed within a mass-loaded chassis engineered to deliver remarkably accurate vinyl playback by holding precise speed stability while minimizing resonances. The BLP-1’s exceptionally accurate 33 1⁄3 / 45 RPM low speed / high torque motor is driven by a proprietary Bryston-designed and manufactured pulse width modulation (PWM) power supply called the BTP-1 (included with turntable). The 35mm thick highly inert Delrin platter with integrated record mat, which damps non-musical vibration yet preserves critical detail, is mated to a hardened carbon steel spindle and ultra-hard bronze modular bearing system polished to 0.02mm tolerance. The unique vented plinth both eliminates platter turbulence and prevents unwanted vibrations from reaching the bearing. The seven-segment titanium tonearm features tungsten steel bearings and an arm tube integrated to the headshell, making it virtually immune to cantilever-born vibrations. The Bryston BLP-1 also comes with a removable tonearm cable, adjustable brushed aluminum feet and an elegant hinged high-mass dustcover to complete the package.
“As we set out to design the newest Bryston phono preamplifier models BMC and BMM, the wide bandwidth and low distortion of our new gain stages reminded us of how breathtaking and fresh high- resolution vinyl playback could be,” explained Bryston’s James Tanner. “With the BLP-1, we have created a turntable that represents premium performance to supplement our lineup. Going forward, it is our objective to identify an array of cartridges that will ideally match our turntable and phono stages (impedance, loading, capacitance, gain requirements etc.) to provide customers with the predictability of a plug-and-play solution if so desired. Of course, dealers and enthusiasts will also have the option to select their cartridge of choice independent of our recommendations,” stated Tanner.
- Tonearm featuring a seven-segment titanium arm tube with integrated headshell, is virtually immune to cantilever borne vibration
- Belt drive with an on-board PWM synchronous low speed / high torque motor achieves perfect belt tension and coupling to the platter without added noise
- Dense 35mm thick Delrin platter with integrated record mat, damps non-musical vibration yet preserves incredible detail
- Innovative hardened carbon-steel spindle and ultra hard bronze bearing polished to 0.02mm tolerance
- Unique vented plinth both eliminates platter turbulence and prevents vibration from reaching the bearing
- Thick low-resonance acrylic dust cover
Price and Availability
The Bryston BLP-1 will become available through Bryston dealers beginning July, 2016 with an MSRP of $3995 including tonearm and custom Bryston power supply.