World’s First HDCP and DPCP Compliant Dual Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort Converter
Atlona Technologies was first to offer relief to the hordes of frustrated Apple users seeking to use the newest Apple 24″ LED cinema display with their now legacy DVI based Mac products. Atlona’s DP200 quickly became one of their most popular products ever sold. Now the company sets it sights on bridging the DVI to MDP gap with a product designed to convert DVI dual link video signals to MDP.
The DP400 lends itself perfectly to photo and video editing software used on Mac Pros such as Final Cut and Photoshop, due to its ability to render a true pixel to pixel image on MDP displays. DVI based Mac users can optimize work their work space to utilize their Cinema Displays as their preview monitor, utilizing the new capabilities of display to its fullest. This product, similarly to its predecessor the DP200, is powered by a USB 7 inch pigtail connected to the unit itself. The unit also features a DVI-D 7 inch pigtail allowing users to quickly connect to DVI based computers and laptops. The DP400 is specifically designed to work with iMac 27″ and larger displays that support resolutions up to 2560×1600. Users can extend their desktop through the attached Mini DisplayPort display, or use the connected monitor as their main display. This unit passes along all DDC information including EDID and native resolution, making compatible with all Apple and PC Computers which have DVI or Mini-DVI connections. “This product will help save untold thousands of dollars for users looking to avoid upgrading their entire computer, based simply on a video incompatibility issue” Say Kevin Billingsley, Sr. Account Manager for Atlona.
Atlona has been a leading solutions-based manufacturer of connectivity solutions for audio video and computer systems. They have become known for their solutions and reliability in the market. With more products like the DP400 in development, Atlona hopes to completely eliminate the compatibility issues between DVI and Mini DisplayPort so all can enjoy the benefits of this robust fledgling format.
Atlona will begin shipping the DP400 on March 8th and is currently available for pre-order with an MSRP of $199.00.
- Compatible with All Mac and PC computers with DVI output
- Supports Dual Link resolutions up to 2560×1600 or more common 2560×1440 used by iMac 27″
- HDCP Compatible
- True pixel to pixel signal
- Xbox or PS3 users will be able to connect to iMac 27″ without additional hardware (max. resolution 720p)
- Full EDID management allows storing EDID information on the converter to make sure there is always a connection in between the computer and display
- Re-Clocking technology will insure that signal stays the same quality as it was before entering the converter
- Video Pass-Though, no scaling (EDID and HDCP compliant)
- Power Over USB, no power supply is required
- Attached DVI cable