ASUS announced the Eee PC 1001PQ — a netbook designed to make it easy for pre-adolescents to learn and have fun. The Intel® Atom N450-powered 1001PQ comes with full PC functionalities, and features a 10.1-inch LED-backlit display, Wi-Fi, and a built-in 0.3 megapixel camera.
Designed for Preteens
The seashell-inspired design of the Eee PC 1001PQ gives it sleek curves and lines that appeal to the young. It is available in a Flame Purple or Vibrant Gold color scheme and comes with stickers to let pre-adolescents express themselves by customizing their 1001PQ.
Preteen-friendly Interface and Software
The 1001PQ runs on Microsoft Windows® 7 and features the preteen-friendly Inspirus Desktop. The latter is an icon-based interface designed to make it easy for pre-adolescents to have fun, learn, and communicate with friends and family.
On top of granting pre-adolescents net access, other useful widgets let users view photo albums, create presentations or draw pictures to keep them entertained for hours on end.
The Inspirus Desktop comes across as a simplified operating system with applications that have been designed to keep impressionable young minds away from objectionable material on the net.
On top of that, the ASUS 1001PQ features built-in parental controls that lets parents choose which websites their children can visit, their email contacts, and the programs they can access. These restrictions can be set to a timetable, so parents can keep track of their child's net activities as well.
- Genuine Windows® 7 Starter
- All day computing for up to 9 hours battery life with new Intel Atom N450 processor
- ASUS Super Hybrid Engine technology tunes your Eee PC for optimal power-efficiency
- Uncompromised ergonomic designed keyboard and multi-touch touchpad for a superior input experience
- Eee Docking for easy access to useful tools
- CPU & Chipset: Intel® Atom Pineview-M N450
- Display: 10.1″ LED Backlight WSVGA Screen (1024×600)
- Storage: 160GB/250GB HDD
- Memory: DDR2 SO-DIMM 1GB/2GB
- Wireless: WLAN 802.11b/g/n @2.4GHz, BluetoothV2.1 (optional) + EDR