New Intel Core i5 and i7 Processor Options and NVIDIA Optimus Technology
Dell today boosted the performance of its Alienware M11x, giving the world’s most powerful 11-inch gaming laptop even more muscle to please diehard enthusiasts who demand a superior gaming experience they can take anywhere.
New Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processor options combine with the latest NVIDIA Optimus technology to provide the ultimate, High-Definition mobile gaming experience. Intel’s Turbo Boost technology can further accelerate Core i5 and Core i7 performance when demand peaks. All the Alienware M11x processors are also over-clockable beyond the standard specification to help maximize performance.
The powerful NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M provides 1GB of discrete, fast HD graphics performance for more realistic gaming environments and virtual worlds playing stutter-free at high 720p resolution. Built-in NVIDIA PhysX technology propels hyper-realistic game play on the M11x that shows every dynamic cause-and-effect detail.
NVIDIA Optimus technology switches seamlessly and transparently from the integrated Intel HD Graphics Media Accelerator to GeForce GT 335M discrete graphics when extra performance is demanded by visually intensive applications. Switching to integrated graphics during less visually demanding applications, like word processing or e-mail exchange, can help extend battery life.
“The Alienware M11x is the perfect go-anywhere laptop for people who want to play today’s most popular and demanding games in high definition. With the new Core i7 processor and high-performance discrete graphics that can kick in when needed, gamers can get a stunning visual experience and fast-action play wherever they are without sacrificing long battery life for less intensive activities,” said Arthur Lewis, general manager, Dell gaming products. “It’s a challenge to make the world’s most powerful 11-inch gaming laptop even better, but we’ve done it.”
The Alienware M11x, available in soft-touch Stealth Black or Lunar Shadow, retains its svelte 4.4-pound figure and distinctive Alienware design with built-in AlienFX illuminated keyboard and laser-engraved user nameplate. It ships with a choice of 64-bit Windows 7 operating systems installed.
- Lightning-fast processor options, up to Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost technology and over-clockable
- NVIDIA Optimus technology for dynamic switching between standard 1GB GeForce GT 335M discrete graphics and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
- 11.6-inch Widescreen HD LED color display 1366×768 (720p)
- Up to 8GB DDR3 800Mhz memory
- Up to 500GB, 7,200RPM hard drive or 256GB5 Solid State Drive
- Internal High-Definition 5.1 Surround Sound audio
- Optional wireless Bluetooth 2.1
- A range of output ports including DisplayPort/HDMI Port, USB 2.0, 1394a and Ethernet RJ-45
- 8-cell prismatic (64whr) primary battery
- AlienFX illuminated keyboard
- Built-in WiFi with optional mobile broadband
- Choice of Stealth Black or Lunar Shadow colors with laser-engraved owner nameplate
The Alienware M11x is available beginning today at www.dell.com, starting at $799.