Would you trade your iPhone for the new BlackBerry Passport? BlackBerry seems to think you will, and is offering the BlackBerry Passport Trade-Up Program, aimed at iPhone users that want to convert to the new BlackBerry Passport. For a limited time, starting December 1, 2014 Apple iPhone users can upgrade to a BlackBerry Passport and get up to $400 USD/CAD back on their iPhone, plus an additional $150 USD ($200 CAD) from BlackBerry.
The deal is never as good as it sounds, even if you’d want a PassPort. Here is the fine print:
- You must purchase the new BlackBerry Passport www.shopblackberry.com in Canada or the United States or shipped from and sold by Amazon.com on www.amazon.com in the United States.
- The total value of your Trade-In and Top-Up will be mailed to you within 6 weeks after qualification of eligibility for the program.
- Individual consumers will be paid via a Visa Prepaid Card from MetaBank and mailed to the address you provided on your quote 6 weeks after the Trade-in Center receives both eligible device(s) and a valid proof of purchase(s) and confirms your eligibility for the program.
- Your used iPhone must be deactivated from the wireless network and all outstanding airtime charges paid in full.
- You must also have the “Find My iPhone” feature turned off.
- BlackBerry is not responsible for previous or subsequent airtime charges accrued to your phone prior to or following participation in the program.
- Should any airtime charges occur, it is your responsibility to resolve any payments issues.
The BlackBerry Passport Trade-Up program runs from December 1, 2014 to February 13, 2015 and is available in North America only. Current qualifying iPhone models include the iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, and 6.
|iPhone 4S||up to $90||$150||up to $240|
|iPhone 5||up to $150||$150||up to $300|
|iPhone 5C||up to $130||$150||up to $280|
|iPhone 5S||up to $235||$150||up to $385|
|iPhone 6||up to $400||$150||up to $550|
If you want to go through all that hassle, you can get the new BlackBerry Passport, the new smartphone from BlackBerry, that provides an expansive square touch screen; a touch-enabled keyboard that allows you to perform many touch functions right on the keyboard; BlackBerry Blend which allows you to access messages and content from your BlackBerry smartphone on your computer and tablet; a text and voice BlackBerry Assistant to help you accomplish tasks quickly and easily; a high quality phone call experience and more than a full day of battery life.