Dual-Hinge Messaging Phone is First Handset in the U.S. to Feature State-of-the- Art E Ink Transforming Keypad
Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile)1 announce the availability of the Samsung AliasTM 2, the next generation dual-hinge messaging phone with the convenience of an E Ink transforming keypad in a unique flip-style format.
- Dual-hinge form factor with E Ink keyboard that changes based on what the user needs
- Open it vertically as a flip phone and it has a traditional numeric keypad and can change to an alpha-only keypad
- In landscape, the phone features a QWERTY keypad that can change to numeric with symbols
- Supports RemoSync, so customers can synchronize corporate e-mail, contacts and calendars from their office PCs
- 2.0 megapixel camera and video capture capabilities
- Bluetooth technology with support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, basic print, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar and serial port
- VZ Navigator
- Visual Voice Mail
- Media Center-capable – downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Mobile Web
- Mobile Email; Mobile IM; and text, picture and video messaging
- microSD card slot with support for up to 16 GB (card purchased separately)
- Personal organizer with calendar, calculator with currency converter, notepad, alarm clock, world clock and stop watch
Price and availability:
- The Samsung Alias 2 is available today for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate as a debit card that can be used anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- VZ Navigator is available for $2.99 daily access, and Visual Voice Mail is available for $2.99 monthly access. RemoSync is available for $9.99 monthly access. Other charges may apply when downloading or using applications.
- Customers can purchase the Samsung Alias 2 beginning today at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores or online at www.verizonwireless.com.
Available color: Charcoal grey