Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility today unveiled DROID BIONIC, a powerful new Android smartphone.
Packing a dual core processor with each core running at 1GHz, delivering up to two GHz of processing power, and 512 MB RAM, the sleekly designed DROID BIONIC smartphone with 4G LTE delivers a mobile Internet experience that’s up to 10 times faster than 3G. This means consumers can stream their favorite music and the latest TV shows with unparalleled quality experience. DROID BIONIC also races through loading of complex web pages and media that take advantage of Adobe Flash Player and HTML5, rendering graphics faster than previous generation single-core devices.
Motorola’s DROID BIONIC gives new meaning to the word “socialize” by delivering multiple ways for customers to stay connected. With the device’s front-facing VGA camera and See What I See video feature, consumers can share experiences — either via Wi-Fi or 4G — with family, friends and co-workers. A rear-facing 8-megapixel camera also allows consumers to capture their favorite pictures and videos.
DROID BIONIC’s multiplayer gaming capabilities allow consumers to challenge friends to live peer-to-peer gaming, viewed through the device’s 4.3-inch qHD quality screen that delivers console-quality graphics. DROID BIONIC’s HDMI connectivity also enables consumers to connect the device to their HD televisions to experience their favorite games, as well as purchased HD content, in full 1080p. And for multi-taskers, DROID 4G’s Mirror Mode function enables simultaneous streaming of video to the TV and on the device.
As a fully featured work device, DROID BIONIC comes equipped with corporate email, remote wipe and data security and encryption capabilities IT departments appreciate. DROID BIONIC also features productivity tools such as Quickoffice for document review and editing, full calendar management, one-click access to conference calling, and a full suite of Google applications and services.
Price and Availability
Available now for $299 with two-year contract from Verizon Wireless at Amazon, LetsTalk or Wirefly.
- Powered by Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM
- 4.3-inch qHD screen using scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass with dual-layer anti-reflective coating
- 8-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and 1080p HD video capture
- Front-facing camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
- MOTOPRINT app to print via Wi-Fi-enabled printers
- Mirror Mode with HDMI out (HDMI cable required) supporting 1080p HD video playback
- Multi-window options for multitasking with ease when using the Webtop application
- Business Ready with advanced security policies; resizable and scrollable email, calendar and task widgets; device and SD card encryption; and Citrix GotoMeeting and Citrix Receiver for Android
- Adobe Flash pre-loaded
- HTML 5 capable
- 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD cards
- Supports wireless charger