Logitech announced their first webcam to offer an extra-wide 90-degree field of view with support for the H.264 SVC and UVC 1.5 video encoding standards and high-definition digital pan-tilt-zoom. The full 1080p high-definition Logitech C930e delivers enterprise-grade video collaboration with the widest field of view available in a desktop webcam for business, making it possible to show a full whiteboard on an office wall during a brainstorming session. The Carl Zeiss-certified glass lens is engineered to avoid the “fish eye” distortion that often detracts from wide-angle images.
Optimized for Microsoft Lync, compatible with Cisco, Skype and most unified communications and videoconferencing applications, the Logitech C930e provides a digital pan-tilt-zoom feature that uniquely maintains a high-definition image at up to 4X magnification. This allows for smooth shifts in point of view during a video call, such as moving from a whiteboard to focus on a single individual.
Support for H.264 SVC and UVC 1.5 video encoding frees up PC bandwidth by processing video within the camera and automatically adjusting performance for maximum video-quality when bandwidth fluctuates. The Logitech C930e offers additional premium features including autofocus, an external privacy shutter and Logitech RightLight 2 technology, which intelligently adjusts the image to improve visual quality in low-light at multiple distances.
“We designed the Logitech Webcam C930e to meet the demands of our business customers for the highest-possible video quality and for features that enhance face-to-face collaboration,” said Eric Kintz, senior vice president and general manager of Logitech for Business. “At the same time, we implemented standards such as H.264 SVC and UVC 1.5 to deliver maximum performance, even when available bandwidth is low or the PC’s processor is heavily burdened.”
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Webcam C930e is expected to be available worldwide in May 2013 for $109.99.
- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients
- H.264/SVC video compression
- Supports H.264 SVC 1080p for Microsoft Lync 2013, along with optimizations for best call performance in single or multiparty HD video
- 90 degree field of view
- Zoom to 4X in 1080p
- Rightlight 2 Technology for clear image in various lighting environments, even low light
- Optional light application for control of pan, tilt and zoom
- Carl Zeiss lens certification
- External privacy shutter
- Built-in dual stereo mics
- Automatic low-light correction
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified (USB 3.0 ready)
- Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or CRT monitors