New LCD TV Line With Integrated iPod Dock and 120Hz Clear Motion Drive
JVC TeleDock LCD televisions, the first to offer an integrated iPod dock, are all-new for 2010, adding iPhone support and 120Hz refresh rate for better picture quality.
The new three-model JVC TeleDock series is comprised of the:
- 32-inch class LT-32P510 (31.5-inch diagonal)
- 42-inch class LT-42P510 (42-inch diagonal)
- 46-inch class LT-46P510 (45.9-inch diagonal)
All models will be available by spring 2010.
Each model includes a flip-down iPod dock at the base of the set, providing a direct connection for playback through the TV. Video files are easily played back on the television, music files can be played through the TV’s sound system with album art displayed on-screen, and photos stored on an iPod can be viewed on the TV. The docked iPod can be controlled from the TV’s remote, which includes a circular keypad with a control scheme that mimics the iPod’s control wheel. In addition, the iPod charges while docked whether the TV’s power is on or off.
When an iPod is docked, a menu appears on the TV screen. The 2010 TeleDock sets display a comprehensive iPod-like menu that allows selection of music or video playback and also supports music search. During video playback, low resolution files, such as internet videos, can be displayed in a small screen mode. Higher resolution video can be shown in nine aspect modes at full screen.
For 2010, the TeleDock line offers the following enhancements:
- During music playback, song title, artist, album and genre are all displayed on the TV screen;
- When a PC is connected to a TeleDock TV, powering up the PC will automatically power-up the television;
- Music stored on the iPod can be played through the TV while watching TV programming, and the TV program or other video source can be changed while the music is playing; in addition, the sound can be swapped between the iPod and the TV program sound;
- With music playing from the iPod, photos stored on the iPod or photos stored on an external device connected to the set’s USB port can be viewed on the TV;
- During video playback, pushing the Display button will display on-screen the video title.
Besides the iPod dock and playback features, JVC’s new TeleDock LCD TVs are full HD (1920 x 1080), full featured high definition displays. Highlights include digital noise reduction, dynamic backlight and 1080 24p/30p output.
Connections include three HDMI inputs, two component inputs, two S-video inputs, PC input (D-sub) and an analog video output. The sound package delivers 10 watts per channel to a pair of JVC’s exclusive oblique cone speakers.Where to Buy