JLab Audio just released the Epic2 Wireless Sport Earbuds for active music listeners. The $100 waterproof and sweatproof Bluetooth in-ear headphones boast 12 hours of battery life that claims to be four hours more than the closest competitor. The earbuds have JLab’s proprietary C3 (Crystal Clear Clarity) technology, delivering a clean, crisp sound with vibrant highs, mids and a pumping bass through high-performance eight-millimeter drivers, which are said to be 50 percent larger than the nearest competitor.
To ensure a waterproof IPX5 design, the mic and controls housing were totally redesigned with an ultra-sonic sealed battery compartment and plasma-coated PCB boards. Additionally, Beacon Signal Technology built with a ceramic Bluetooth antenna, which provides improved Bluetooth connectivity and reduces environmental detuning.
To deliver the perfect fit, the Epic2 Bluetooth Earbuds are equipped with JLab’s patent-pending Memory Wire over-ear hooks, cable mini-clips and eight gel tip sizes that all combine to give the perfect fit. In addition to the single and double flange gel tips, JLab now offers a shallow tip for smaller ears along with the first-ever custom designed triple flange to seal in the sound and tune out distractions.
- Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX technology
- JLab patent-pending Memory Wire
- Beacon Signal Technology upgraded ceramic antenna
- C3 (Crystal Clear Clarity) technology
- Waterproof, Splash proof – IPX5
- Two mini cable management clips
- Universal USB to micro USB cord
- Three hour charge time
- Hard travel case
- Eight 8 sets of silicone gel tips: Single flange (XS, S, M, L), Double Flange (S, M), Triple Flange (M), Shallow (M)
- One-year warranty
- Battery Life: With a battery life of 12 hours, the Epic2 Earbuds can run two hours longer than the previous model.
- Waterproof: The new IPX5-rated design has improved features including:
- a mic and control housing with ultrasonic sealing to ensure that moisture won’t enter internal components.
- plasma nano-coating on the PCB Boards to repel any moisture that is present.
- Connectivity: The Beacon Signal Technology improves the earbud-to-device signal. The ceramic Bluetooth antenna minimizes detuning from environmental, human operators and other factors.
- Controls: The new button layout is more intuitive, features a centered power button and improved clicking feedback, to make the earbuds more user-friendly.
- Additional Tips: The Epic2 Earbuds now come with eight tip options, including the new shallow tip and the first-ever triple flange tip.