Harman today announced new JBL Studio 2 and JBL Arena in-wall and in-ceiling speakers speakers, engineered to complement the existing JBL Studio 2 and JBL Arena cabinet loudspeakers. Designed for the custom installer, the JBL Studio 2 and JBL Arena architectural speaker lines meet homeowners’ needs for theater-quality sound, all while fitting seamlessly into their interior décor. The speakers deliver hard-hitting, yet detail-oriented audio perfection, with advanced adjustable features engineered for unmatched sound and a subtle aesthetic, regardless of location or configuration.
The wide sound dispersion of the speakers envelops the room, while the JBL High Definition Imaging (HDI) Waveguide provides flexibility with speaker placement. JBL’s HDI Waveguide technology, which takes its cues from the legendary JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor, consists of a computer-optimized driver positioning and network integration. The result is superlative performance and lifelike soundstage imaging throughout the entire room.
The Architectural Series’ nearly invisible, zero-bezel magnetic, paintable grill flawlessly blends into a wall or ceiling, pleasing both audiophiles and interior designers alike. The XL-2 installation bracket makes for a sturdy, reliable fit in walls up to 2” thick, and its specialty mechanical grip minimizes vibration.
The Studio 2 line features pivoting tweeters made from composite aluminum that target audio directly to the desired listening location. Additionally, the precision of the tweeter audio level adjustment allows installers and homeowners to fine-tune high frequencies by 3dB to suit room conditions and personal taste.
“Our new Architectural Series brings proven acoustic superiority through rigorous testing and real-world evaluation to the home custom installation market. These lines bring JBL’s proven, superior technology to give homeowners premium theater-quality sound paired with best-in-class speaker design,” said Sean Barton at HARMAN. “With these new lines, we are taking whole-home audio immersion one step further by perfecting the details and compensating for any acoustical configuration.”
The Architectural Series features:
- Advanced crossover network ensures low distortion and accurate sound reproduction all behind a nearly invisible, zero bezel profile
- Polycellulose woofer cone and soft silk-dome tweeter deliver faithful sound reproduction for music and movies (Arena only)
- PolyPlas woofer cone and CMMD-lite tweeter provide detailed, accurate sound reproduction and a premium home audio experience (Studio 2 only)
- Proprietary JBL High-Definition Imaging HDI waveguideXL-2 brackets for flexible installation in nearly any architecture for walls up to 2” thick
- Engineering to match the award-winning JBL Studio 2 and Arena component loudspeakers, perfect for complete custom home theater or whole-house audio applications
- Pivoting tweeters to target audio directly to the desired listening location, no matter the configuration (Studio 2 only)
- Adjustable audio level tweeters to fine-tune high-frequencies by 3dB for room acoustic compensation (Studio 2 only)
JBL Studio 2 Options and Pricing:
- 6” IN-WALL $250
- 8” IN-WALL $350
- 5”x5” LCR IN-WALL $300
- 6” IN-CEILING $250
- 8” IN-CEILING $350
- 6” IN-CEILING STEREO $350
JBL Arena Options and Pricing:
- 6” IN-WALL $175
- 8” IN-WALL $225
- 5”x5” LCR IN-WALL $250
- 6” IN-CEILING $175
- 8” IN-CEILING $225
- 6” IN-CEILING STEREO $300