New Epson Stylus All-In-Ones Offer Convenient Features and High-Performance for Less Than $100
Epson America Inc. announced three new sub-$100 ink jet all-in-ones designed to satisfy the printing, scanning, copying, and faxing needs of any busy household. Joining the popular Epson Stylus NX400, the new Epson Stylus NX300, NX200 and NX100 offer an ideal combination of easy-to-use features, outstanding performance, and creative tools coupled with brilliant results on plain, photo or specialty papers with Epson’s reliable, all-pigment DURABrite Ultra inks for prints that dry instantly, are smudge and water resistant, and are highlighter-friendly.
“The entry-level Epson Stylus NX series is designed to meet basic printing needs of busy and creative households, especially those looking for products loaded with features to print, scan, copy, and even fax, and that are easy on the wallet,” said Kristi Lanzit Fox, product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson. “All of the products in the Epson Stylus NX series offer more impressive features, superior quality and performance, and an overall better value compared to any of the competitive products at the same price points, including fast print speeds, high quality scanners, and a larger LCD on the Epson NX400.”
The flagship Epson Stylus NX400 offers remarkable print and copy speeds, delivering up to 34 pages per minute (ppm) for black and color text documents, a 4″ x 6″ borderless photo in as fast as 26 seconds, and up to 30 copies per minute (cpm) for both black and color copies.1 The Epson NX400 also integrates a one-touch, stand-alone copying and photo restoration feature for photos and documents, high-quality scanning, memory card slots, PictBridge compatibility, and a 2.5-inch tilt LCD screen for viewing, printing and restoring color to old photos with or without a computer. In addition, the Epson NX400 includes the fun and easy-to-use Arcsoft Print Creations software to create personalized greeting cards, invitations, calendars, and photo albums.
The 4-in-1 Epson Stylus NX300 is Epson’s first ever sub-$100 all-in-one with fax and an Auto Document Feeder (ADF), making it an ideal productivity machine for the home. Its fast black draft print speeds and 30-page ADF help consumers easily copy stacks of pages automatically, saving time and increasing efficiency. The Epson NX300’s high-speed faxing includes convenient features, such as individual and 60-number group speed-dial lists, automatic redial, auto answer, and up to 100 pages of fax memory. Additionally, the Epson NX300 includes ABBYY FineReader OCR software, allowing users to quickly convert printed documents into editable text.
The Epson Stylus NX100 and NX200 all-in-ones deliver crisp documents, vibrant photos, and useful scan and copy capabilities for a wide variety of everyday printing, scanning and copying needs at exceptionally reasonable prices. The Epson NX100 prints up to 26 ppm for black text documents, while the Epson NX200 produces even faster black and color documents at up to 32 ppm. In addition, the Epson NX200 adds card slots and PictBridge compatibility for PC-Free photo printing.
Features and performance shared across the Epson Stylus NX series include:
- DURABrite Ultra ink: This all-pigment, instant-drying ink produces laser-quality text and brilliant color images on plain, photo or specialty paper. The ink is smudge and water resistant to protect important documents2, offers fade resistance up to six times longer than leading competitive prints3, and is highlighter-friendly on plain paper. Whether consumers are printing important documents, Web pages, recipes, book reports, or creative projects, the DURABrite Ultra ink delivers outstanding results.
- Individual ink cartridges and one convenient set: Each all-in-one within the Epson Stylus NX series features four individual ink cartridges to allow consumers to replace only the color needed. Additionally, having one standard ink set for both documents and photos eliminates the need to switch cartridges based on various print jobs.
- Affordable ink system: In addition to individual ink cartridges, the Epson Stylus NX series offers three types of ink cartridges — moderate, standard and high capacity — to provide users with more options when choosing the cartridge capacity that best fits their printing needs.
- Epson’s award-winning MicroPiezo print head technology: Epson’s unique print head features DX3 technology with smart nozzles that can produce and precisely place three sizes of ink droplets. As a result, fewer nozzles are needed to quickly create exceptional photos and documents, making the nozzles more efficient than those that can only produce one droplet size.
- BorderFree photo printing: The Epson Stylus NX series supports BorderFree photo printing in various sizes, including 3.5″ x 5″, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, and letter sizes, eliminating the need to trim perforations or white edges on photos.
- Double-sided printing built in: Each all-in-one in the Epson Stylus NX series offers two-sided printing built in through the driver to automatically print all odd pages before the user is prompted to turn over the paper to print the even pages.
- Red-Eye reduction: Photos are no longer ruined by glaring, red eyes with the Epson Stylus NX series. Users can automatically fix photos with red eyes through a convenient option in the driver.
- Photo restoration: Consumers can restore colors in old, faded or discolored photos back to their original brilliance through the drivers in the Epson Stylus NX series, making it easy to scan, restore, print, and share old memories.
- Auto Photo Correction with advanced face detection: This innovative technology is similar to having a photo lab technician built into the printer. It sharpens and corrects dark or poorly exposed images, while distinguishing people from scenery to enhance skin tones and increase the richness of the scenery in photos.
- ENERGY STAR compliant: The Epson Stylus NX series meets the strict ENERGY STAR guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy. Epson is committed to producing products that significantly lower power consumption, minimize pollution and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, but without compromising quality.
Connectivity and Operating Systems
The Epson Stylus NX series supports USB 2.0 and is compatible with Windows Vista, XP, XP Professional x64, and 2000, as well as Macintosh OS X 10.3.9, 10.4.x and 10.5.x.
Support and Availability
All products in the Epson Stylus NX series include lifetime phone and Web-based customer support and technical assistance (telephone toll charges may apply), a one-year limited warranty, and convenient and quick service options for reliable product protection.
The Epson NX400 and NX300 are currently available for estimated street prices of $99.99 and $89.99, respectively, and can be purchased through major retail stores nationwide, mail order, PC manufacturers, the Internet, and Epson’s own retail site, www.epsonstore.com.
The Epson NX200 and NX100 will be available in October for estimated street prices of $79.99 and $69.99, respectively, and can be purchased through Target. Additionally, the Epson Stylus NX200 will be available at Toys”R”Us. More information about Epson and its products is available by calling 1-800-GO-EPSON (1-800-463-7766) or visiting the Epson Web site at www.epson.com.
1PPM/CPM speed measured after first page, based on black and color text patterns in Draft Mode on plain paper. Color photo in Draft Mode on Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy measured from start of paper feed. Additional print time will vary based on system configuration, software application and page complexity. See www.epson.com/printspeed for more information about print speeds.
2Water resistance on Epson Glossy Papers, Epson Matte Papers and plain papers, when using genuine Epson inks.
3Ink fade resistance ratings based on accelerated testing of unframed color prints on plain paper in indoor display conditions; claim that documents resist fading up to six times longer is based on accelerated testing of unframed color prints on plain paper in indoor display conditions. Actual print stability will vary according to light intensity, temperature, humidity, and other factors. Epson does not guarantee the longevity of prints. See www.wilhelm-research.com.Where to Buy