Epson today announced the PowerLite Pro Cinema 6030UB, Pro Cinema 4030, and Home Cinema 5030UB/5030UBe Full HD 1080p home theater projectors, which offer state-of the-art image quality, 2D/3D performance with up to 2,400 lumens of color brightness and 2,400 lumens of white brightness with improved contrast ratio of up to 600,000:1. All four models are equipped with an advanced Fujinon OptiCinema lens (2.1 zoom ratio) for superior performance and quality, 480Hz Drive Technology for bright 3D images, and a built-in cinema filter for improved color fidelity. In addition, the models feature a new Black-and-White Cinema mode optimized for viewing classic films, THX 2D and 3D Cinema viewing modes, and a Picture-in-Picture mode2 for watching two sources at once.
The Pro Cinema 6030UB (pictured top) and Home Cinema 5030UB and 5030UBe (wireless) feature contrast ratios of up to 600,000:1 and 2,400 lumens of color brightness and 2,400 lumens of white brightness1 for brilliant true-to-life color and deep black levels. Both projectors feature Epson’s Super Resolution technology and FineFrame technology for smoother frame interpolation and sharper video quality (2D Mode).
Epson Home Cinema 5030UB
For added installation flexibility the Home Cinema 5030UBe includes a built-in WirelessHD receiver along with an external transmitter to provide five HDMI inputs to stream Full HD 1080p media without the hassle of running cables. In addition, the Pro Cinema 6030UB adds two anamorphic lens modes to enable 2.35:1 anamorphic viewing without an external processor3, ISF calibration, color isolation, a ceiling mount, cable cover and extra lamp for added installation flexibility and customization. For added value, both models include two pairs of 3D glasses.
The Pro Cinema 4030 delivers outstanding 3D and 2D image quality and performance with full HD 1080p native resolution, 2,000 lumens of color brightness and 2,000 lumens of white brightness, and a contrast ratio of up to 120,000:1 for superb black levels. It also includes two pairs of 3D glasses, an extra lamp, a ceiling mount and a cable cover for added installation flexibility.
Epson Pro Cinema 4030
Added Features of Epson’s 2D and 3D Full HD 1080p Line-up
- Epson 3LCD technology for high color brightness and amazing color and detail
- Up to 3x brighter colors, and reliable performance – 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Five color modes in 2D and three color modes in 3D to easily adapt to different viewing environments
- All new Black-and-White Cinema color mode ideal for black and white movies
- Easy, flexible installation with manual lens shift of up to 96% vertical and up to 47% horizontal
- Epson’s exclusive 230W E-TORL offering high brightness and up to 5,000 hours of lamp life
- HDMI (two), component video, composite video, VGA, RCA audio, and USB connections
- Optical out port to enjoy wireless audio (Home Cinema 5030UBe)
- Two pairs of RF 3D glasses included with each projector; compatible with third party glasses
- Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
Epson Pro Cinema 6030UB Back (all have same rear ports)
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by the Society of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, home theater enthusiasts want to enjoy movies with higher quality in both darkened home theaters and brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room. Whether you’re watching movies, playing video games, or watching a family slideshow, Epson’s line of home entertainment projectors deliver consistent color brightness and white brightness, ensuring life-like reproduction of any content.
Pricing and Availability
- Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 6030UB $3,499 (late October 2013, 3-year warranty)
- Epson Pro Cinema 4030 $2,499 (late October 2013, w/ 3-year warranty)
- Epson Home Cinema 5030UB $2,599 (mid October 2013, w/ 2-year warranty)
- Epson Home Cinema 5030UBe $2,899 (mid October 2013, w/ 2-year warranty)