CodexNovus, the performance leader in stand-alone and networked High-Definition media server and media server/player products, will proudly showcase its expanded second generation of Digital Media Server/Players in Demo Alley room 232C with partners AudioControl, avielo by projectiondesign, Da-Lite Screen Company, Newport Audio & Wire World Cable Technology at Electronic House Expo Spring 2009, held March 12-14 in Orlando, Fla.
“As excitement builds for EHX Spring 2009, we look forward to showing dealers how they can now offer their clients single, multi-room and whole-house solutions to store, organize and playback their entire digital media collections,” said Hugo Feugen, president and founder of CodexNovus. “With CodexNovus’ Digital Media Server/Players, families can easily store, play and view movies, music and pictures–no matter the format. And with the ability to network countless combinations of CodexNovus devices, the system can grow with the users’ library.”
CodexNovus has established an enviable reputation as the High-Definition video source of choice for many leading consumer and commercial manufacturers to rely on in demonstrating the performance of their products. During the Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) trade show in Amsterdam in February, CodexNovus Server/Players provided the HD video playback for both Christie Digital Systems and Stewart Filmscreen with multiple units in each booth providing flawless, reliable performance throughout the event.
“HD Codex Digital Media Servers/Players provided the high definition, high resolution images necessary to demonstrate our product’s true performance.” said Grant Stewart, president of Stewart Filmscreen, in regards to partnering with CodexNovus at ISE.
Further attesting to their no-compromise approach to performance, all CodexNovus HDcodex devices have received full Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) Certification, ensuring that they meet the criteria and specifications that define the very best video performance available to consumers.
The CodexNovus line-up presents a unique opportunity for dealers and professional systems integrators to offer their clients an intuitive, easy-to-use storage, organization and playback platform for all digital media. Additionally the CodexNovus offering, eliminates the uncertainty of investing in a potentially obsolete built-in media player, instead focusing on future forward media compatibility with an un-matched ability to play back a wide spectrum of movie, music and image file formats.
Professional systems integrators can demonstrate to their current and potential clients how media is easily imported via a Gigabit Ethernet network, USB ports, and high-speed eSATA port or by adding the CodexNovus DVD/CD/8-in-1 Digital Media Reader providing support for unencrypted DVDs and CDs and a wide variety of data storage/transfer technologies.
The HDcodex family friendly user interface empowers clients to consolidate, catalog and organize their video, music, and image libraries using intuitive, uniform menus so elegant and simple that everyone will feel comfortable using them. Browsing all stored media regardless the format or network location is enhanced by a pre-paid lifetime subscription to Macrovision All Media Guide (AMG)–a media recognition system providing users with the most in-depth music and movie information available.
Allowing for growing multimedia collections, unlimited combinations of CodexNovus’ award-winning Digital Media Server/Players and Digital Media Players are able to share their libraries across a Gigabit Ethernet network for completely flexible access to multimedia libraries from any connected display in the home. Homeowners can begin with a single Digital Media Server/Player and add an additional model in another room as their storage needs increase. Connected together on the network, the storage is additive with full access in any room to the media stored on Server/Players. A virtually unlimited number of Server/Players can be added with full access between them, eliminating for the frustration of searching for misplaced media or purchasing multiple copies for multiple users.
CodexNovus enables dealers to demonstrate how entertainment experiences are enhanced with fast, intuitive, simple creation of scripted single media or mixed multi-media playlists. Homeowners can easily set the mood for mornings, after work, weekends and entertaining with unlimited playlist mixes of their favorite music customized the event. Users can also present a slideshow of favorite images with an audio background, several movies without interruption or mixes of selected movie/video clips.
- CodexNovus will proudly showcase its expanded second generation of Digital Media Server/Players in Demo Alley room 232C at EHX Spring 2009, held March 12-14 in Orlando, Fla.
- CodexNovus Server/Players provided the HD video playback for both Christie Digital Systems and Stewart Filmscreen with multiple units providing flawless, reliable performance during the ISE 2009 trade show in February.
- The HDcodex is an intuitive, easy to use storage, organization & playback platform for ALL your clients digital media free of a guaranteed to be obsolete built-in media player, instead focusing on future forward with an un-matched ability to play back a wide spectrum of movie, music & image file formats
- The HDcodex family friendly user interface empowers clients to consolidate, catalog and organize their video, music, and image libraries using intuitive, uniform menus so elegant and simple that everyone will feel comfortable using them
- The CodexNovus versatility can incorporate a virtually unlimited number of Digital Media Server/Players and/or Players on a Gigabit Ethernet network to accommodate any sized digital media collection
- Entertainment experiences are enhanced with fast, intuitive, simple creation of scripted single media or mixed multi-media playlists
- The Digital Media Server/Player Series is comprised of five different models with affordable storage options to manage virtually any home multimedia collection: The Stadium (MRSP $6,799), the Concert (MSRP $5,699), the Theater (MSRP $4,499), the Studio (MSRP $2,999) and the Player (MSRP $2,299). The Digital Media Reader has an MSRP of $899.
About CodexNovus, Inc.
CodexNovus is a producer of leading-edge media server products and technology designed to embrace the ever-growing world of digital content in both the residential and commercial markets. The company’s mission is to open up the world of stunningly beautiful High Definition imagery and multi-channel audio by offering affordable media servers which allow instant access to complete, digital media libraries. As a small, specialized company, CodexNovus is committed to the ultimate level of personalized customer service including a core ideology of providing easily expandable and upgradeable products, insuring owners of CodexNovus products that they have invested in a system designed against near-term obsolescence.
Based in Champaign, Ill., CodexNovus was founded in March of 2000 by Hugo Feugen. An accomplished and imaginative software designer, Feugen had previously been the CEO of the company that developed and advanced Flight Simulator — later sold to Microsoft — which remains Microsoft’s biggest selling software package outside of its word processing/spread sheet applications and operating systems.Where to Buy