Bose today announced SoundTouch 10, their next-generation wireless music system, which offers instant listening through Bluetooth, full multi-room capability, and upcoming Spotify integration. With Bluetooth, you can stream any song, playlist, music service, and YouTube directly from your phone or tablet. With Wi-Fi, you can broadcast it to as many SoundTouch speakers you have, or use the intuitive SoundTouch app to explore integrated music services, set personalized presets, and enjoy different music in different rooms. Bose also announces two wireless music system “firsts” with Spotify, available soon: In addition to Spotify Connect — which lets you control any SoundTouch system from the Spotify app — Spotify will also be integrated in the SoundTouch app. And Bose.com will offer ReadySet with Spotify, a way to preload any SoundTouch system with Spotify playlists.
The SoundTouch 10 speaker joins the new SoundTouch 20 and 30 Series III speakers, new SoundTouch soundbars, and new SoundTouch home theater systems. They’re all friendly and compatible, they all talk to each other through walls and ceilings, and now they all include Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- The new SoundTouch 10 wireless speaker measures just 8.34″ H x 5.56″ W x 3.43″ D. It combines Bose’s digital signal processing with the new Unidome transducer, a 2.5″ powerhouse that produces the highest excursion for any transducer of its size in Bose history. The resulting performance is remarkable. The SoundTouch 10 plays cleaner, deeper, and louder than any single speaker of its stature.
- The new SoundTouch 20 and 30 Series III speakers are the updated big brothers to the SoundTouch 10 speaker. The SoundTouch 30 Series III is Bose’s best-performing one-piece solution, and the SoundTouch 20 Series III delivers rich, room-filling sound from a more compact enclosure.
- New SoundTouch soundbars and home theater systems are also available, including two soundbars, the SoundTouch 120 and 130 systems; and a 5.1 system, the SoundTouch 520 home theater system. They’re all immersive for movies and TV and double as wireless music systems.
- SoundTouch takes you outside, too. A new, more efficient SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier powers weatherproof speakers for patios, balconies, and backyards.
SoundTouch also has the world’s most popular music services built in — Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and Deezer — each accessible through the intuitive SoundTouch app. With just a few taps, the SoundTouch app turns your phone or tablet into a powerful controller, letting you listen to the same music everywhere, or different music in different rooms. But there’s even more freedom with SoundTouch systems. The app lets you set six personalized presets to any music service playlist, artist or internet radio station, and change them whenever you want. Each time you do, every SoundTouch speaker in your home remembers them automatically — so when you don’t want to use the app, you don’t have to. Just press a corresponding button on the SoundTouch speaker or the included remote, and with that one touch, your music starts playing — no phone needed. Charge it, text, take a call, turn it off, or never take it out. Filling the room with your tracks takes a second, as fast and simple as turning on a light.
Through new 802.11n dual-band Wi-Fi, the SoundTouch connection is stronger and more reliable with less interference and drop-outs. The addition of 5 GHz compatibility also offers a better streaming option in crowded environments like apartment buildings in the city.
Early next year, Bose will offer features to make SoundTouch systems the best way to listen to Spotify at home.
- SoundTouch systems will have new in-app integration with Spotify alongside Spotify Connect. From the SoundTouch app you’ll be able to search for any song, album, artist, or playlist from Spotify or Spotify users. And from the Spotify app, you’ll control SoundTouch systems directly. Switching from the SoundTouch app to the Spotify app is seamless; you’ll pick up wherever you left off.
- The new ReadySet with Spotify feature will also be available on Bose.com with any SoundTouch system purchase. With ReadySet, you can use your existing Spotify account or sign-up for one, pre-load SoundTouch presets with Spotify playlists, and have your SoundTouch speaker arrive customized, programmed, and ready-to-go.
Pricing and Availability
The Bose SoundTouch 10 wireless music system is available now for $199.95.