V-MODA just announced the XS foldable on-ear headphones designed for comfort with an ergonomic fit, which minimizes the unsightly space between the headband and your head. The company claims these new headphones offer a superior fit, added comfort, grander sound and a compact profile. 5+ years of R&D resulted in a wind-tunnel worthy design that contours evenly to the shape of your head, with angles that frame facial features. Enjoy long listening sessions comfortably with supple memory foam cushions that naturally adapt to your ears for faster “burn-in” and better noise isolation.
The XS model is one of the smallest in its category, because it features the patent-pending CliqFold Hinge that precisely folds the headphones into an impossibly small exoskeleton case. The headphones and case are so small that many users in focus groups decided to replace their usual in-ear headphones with XS.
- 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers (patent-pending)
- No batteries or artificial sound processing
- CliqFold folding hinge (patent-pending)
- Dual Inputs and SharePlay with V-CORK seals (patent-pending)
- Exoskeleton case
- Kevlar-reinforced universal SpeakEasy microphone cable for Apple iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows devices
- 2-Year Premier Warranty, lifetime 50% immortal life program and V-MODA Six Star Service
In order to achieve the greatest sound for the greatest amount of people, extreme quality control standards over speaker driver variance functioned as the driving force in the release of XS.
“Headphone components are very small and unlike larger speakers even the smallest drop of glue can cause wild fluctuations from unit to unit. Each set must be carefully controlled to make every product virtually identical in sound,” says Kolton. “We not only apply QC procedures in line with leading technology manufacturers… we even have conducted research on wine making to understand an even deeper approach to constant quality. That means that I actually listen to and sign off on each batch,” Kolton added. “The end result is an exquisitely balanced and unique sound signature characterized by its addictive deep yet clean bass, vibrant mids, and extended highs.”
V-MODA designs its products to be versatile, adapting to different uses and looks thanks to a wide range of accessories. We call them “Renaissance headphones.” They are put through the tests of demanding consumers, modern audiophiles, athletes, musicians, travelers and even gamers.
Dual inputs let you share the music with others, or function as a virtual on-the-go mixer. The patent-pending V-CORK seals allow discerning listeners to perfectly balance the audio. An optional BoomPro microphone instantly transforms the XS into the ideal headset for gamers, podcasters and broadcast professionals.
As with all of V-MODA’s Crossfade family, durability and exquisite material selection were paramount in the design of XS. The masterful combination of steel and metal materials stands up to military-level standards of the MIL-STD-810G testing guidelines.
- Survives up to 60 drops on concrete
- Virtually indestructible SteelFlex Headband
- Minimal sound variance from unit to unit, checked along six parts of the sound curve versus 10-30dB+ of inferior products
- Kevlar-reinforced detachable cables and 45-degree plug strain relief can each bend more than 1 million times, over 100x industry standard
- MIL-STD-810G environmental tests including high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
Price and Availability
The V-MODA XS is immediately available for $212 in Matte Black Metal and White Silver at V-MODA.com/XS including customization. It is also available without customization for $199.99 at Amazon.com, Brookstone, Microsoft, Collette and other fine stores worldwide. XS loop chains will be available in 2-3 months.