This week Shanling Audio is releasing their BA1 desktop hi-fi Bluetooth Receiver worldwide. The $169 tiny component adds up to 96kHz/24-bit Hi-res Bluetooth wireless connectivity to headphones, active speakers or a computer. It functions like a digital transport, DAC or headphone amplifier, serving different roles for a wide range of users.
The Shanling Controller App provides an interface to all the settings, including Bluetooth codecs, digital filters, channel balance and an equalizer. Qualcomm’s CSR8675 Bluetooth 5.0 chip ensures extremely stable connectivity along with support for HWA / SBC / AAC / aptX / aptX LL / aptX HD / LDAC.
- Hi-Fi Sound: By using dedicated Hi-Fi ESS Sabre ES9218P DAC and amplifier, BA1 offers an impressive sound quality and claims to be an equal partner for your speaker or headphone rig.
- Ultimate Bluetooth Connectivity: Combining the Bluetooth 5.0 with the support of high- quality Bluetooth codecs, BA1 utilizes current wireless audio to its fullest potential.
- Wireless Hi-Res: Thanks to the support of LDAC and LHDC codecs, BA1 is capable of a Hi- Res playback over Bluetooth, supporting resolution up to 24 bit / 96 kHz.
- Works with Speakers: BA1 easily fits into any stereo speaker set-up, simply connect BA1 to your amplifiers or active monitors with a pair of RCA cables.
- Works with Headphones: BA1 offers a dedicated headphone output, designed for use both with full-size headphones and sensitive earphones.
- Digital Output: With the digital optical output, BA1 can be used as a pure digital source for your current Hi-Fi DAC or receiver.
- USB DAC: BA1 can be connected to any computer to serve as a high-quality external sound card. And thanks to the plug-n-play design, setting it up is simple and instantaneous.
- Companion App: Available for Android and iOS, giving you total control over all settings.
- Bluetooth Chip: Qualcomm CSR8675, Bluetooth 5.0
- Supports: LDAC, LHDC, aptX HD, aptX LL, aptX, AAC, SBC
- Hi-Res: Up to 24 bit / 96 kHz with LDAC & LHDC
- DAC/AMP: ESS Sabre ES9218P
- Outputs: 3.5mm Headphone jack, RCA Line-out, Digital Optical Out
- Output power: Headphone jack – 1.41V / RCA Line-Out – 2.0V
- SNR: – 115 dB
- Channel separation: 73dB
- USB DAC: Plug-n-play setup, up to 16/48
- Power supply: USB powered, 5V/1A. Power supply not included in packaging. Dimensions: 120 x 100 x 26 mm
- Weight: 205g
Price & Availability
Availability: November 2020 MSRP: 169 USD / Euro
About Shanling Audio
Founded in 1988, Shanling Audio is designing and manufacturing range of Hi-Fi products for over 30 years. From affordable amplifiers to true high-end CD players, being well known for their tube based products, Shanling Audio has a long history in the Hi-Fi market and is still popular among audiophiles around the World.
Shanling Audio expanded into the portable audio market in 2014 with Shanling M3, their first Hi-Res portable music player. Nowadays, Shanling Audio offers wide range of portable products, from portable players, over earphones, to different Bluetooth devices.
Shanling Audio is distributed internationally by network of dedicated distributors.
Shanling Audio is based in China, with main offices in Shenzhen and factory in Dongguang.