Samsung today announced the ATIV Odyssey (model SCH-i930) smartphone, which features a Super AMOLED display, 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 4G LTE connectivity, running Windows 8. The versatile smartphone is Global Ready, giving users the ability to call and email from more than 220 countries in the world.
The ATIV Odyssey runs on the sleek and intuitive Windows Phone 8 operating system, the only one with Live Tiles, designed to keep you closer to the people and things that matter most. The ATIV Odyssey also features unique Samsung sharing applications such as Photo Editor, Mini Diary and Now, an application that provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly.
The ATIV Odyssey is enterprise ready with enhanced security features to offer customers an extremely powerful business tool that keeps sensitive company data secure. Security solutions include advanced Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync features and policy control and on-device AES 256-bit encryption.
- Super AMOLED Display (WVGA 800×480)
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 1080p recording and 1080p playback
- Front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera for video chat
- Global Ready calling and email capabilities in more than 220 countries in the world
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 8 GB on board storage (actual formatted capacity is less) / 1 GB RAM
- Support for up to 64 GB microSD card
- 2100 mAh battery
- Photo Editor – Edit photos (crop, rotate, resize, etc.) and adjust colors (contrast, RGB and hue) instantly; users can also add effects such as Pop Art, gray-scale, red eye correction and add decorations that include frames, stickers, etc. and share on Facebook, Picasa and Photobucket.
- Mini Diary – Contains daily activities, photos and drawings; users can share their diary via social channels including Facebook, email, Picasa and Photobucket; users can back up and store information in the free cloud service SkyDrive.
- Now – Provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly
Windows Phone 8 Features:
Live Tiles are the heart and soul of Windows Phone, and no other phone has them. People can arrange the iconic Start screen however they want by pinning their favorite people, apps, music, games, photos and more. In addition to Live Tiles, Windows Phone 8 offers a range of new features to make your smartphone experience even more personal, including:
- The only phone with Live Apps. Live Apps bring information right to the Start screen, such as the Groupon deal of the day, flight information and news headlines. With Windows Phone 8, Live Apps such as Facebook can even deliver real-time information right to your lock screen with updated wallpaper.
- Top apps. The Windows Phone Store has more than 120,000 quality apps and games, including hits such as “Angry Birds Star Wars,” “Cut the Rope,” Disney’s “Where’s My Water,” LivingSocial, Urbanspoon and many more. Pandora, the leading Internet radio service, is also coming to Windows Phone in early 2013.
- Kid’s Corner. Exclusive to Windows Phone 8, Kid’s Corner is a way to share your phone with your kids, so they can play “Angry Birds” without texting your angry boss. Parents can now hand over their phones to the kids without worrying about deleted photos, misdirected emails, unapproved purchases or accidental phone calls. After a simple setup, parents can activate a specialized place on the phone for kids to play — complete with their own customizable Start screens — where they can access only the apps, games, music and videos picked by parents.
The Samsung ATIV Odyssey will be available from Verizon Wireless.