EDEN PRAIRIE, MN –July 25, 2006 — Remote Technologies Incorporated (RTI), the leader in innovative home control solutions, is pleased to announce that its T4 Universal System Controller has been named “Product of the Year” by Electronic House Magazine.
“The T4 has been extremely well received by custom installers and we’re honored to be recognized by Electronic House magazine for the product’s innovative features,” said Pete Baker, director of sales and marketing for RTI. “The T4 offers a dynamic and easy to customize solution offering reliable and simple control for today’s high-end home theaters.”
The T4 is ideal for users who want complete access to all the functions of their home theaters, featuring direct IR control for stand-alone operation, RF output for control processor operation, WiFi for IP control and internet access, and even hard-wired Ethernet and analog video input options. Maintaining the perfect balance between display size and resolution, at 6.4 inches, the LCD is small enough to be a truly hand-held device, yet it provides the full VGA resolution necessary for displaying video windows and web pages. The controller is easily programmable using RTI’s signature TheaterTouch Designer software, making it simple to display custom buttons, text, graphics, and animations.
In addition to limitless software customization, the T4 provides outstanding hardware adaptability. The unit’s front and rear panels have replaceable color bezels to match consumers’ tastes, and even the color of the 13 available hard buttons can be changed or removed entirely. The T4’s flexibility extends beyond its appearance. RTI’s EM-4 Expansion Module allows it to be transformed into a hardwired VESA mountable touchpanel with power-over-Ethernet and dual analog video input ports. In addition, available RTI accessory devices provide the T4 with power-sensing for reliable operation, and RS-232 communications for advanced control.
Winning products were selected by Electronic House editors based on reviews released throughout the year, product demos, installer feedback, innovative features and overall value. The winning products will be featured in the September issue of Electronic House and on www.electronichouse.com.
– RTI’s T4 flagship wireless controller wins 2006 Electronic House Product of the Year Award.
– The T4 offers direct IR control for stand-alone operation, RF output for control processor operation, WiFi for IP control and internet access, and even hard-wired Ethernet and analog video input options.
– Perfect balance between display size and resolution, at 6.4 inches, the LCD is small enough for hand-held control, yet provides the full VGA resolution necessary for displaying video windows and web pages.
– Signature TheaterTouch “drag and drop” programming software makes configuration a breeze.
– The T4 can be used as a stand-alone device or as part of an expandable central control system.
– When used with available RTI accessory devices, the T4 is capable of infrared routing, relay control, power sensing, and RS-232 communications for advanced control.
– Retails at $2,499.
– RTI is the only remote control manufacturer that designs exclusively for and sells exclusively through the custom installation channel.
– Winning products were selected by Electronic House, editors based on reviews released throughout the year, product demos, installer feedback, innovative features and overall value.
About Electronic House magazine
Electronic House, an EH Publishing, Inc. magazine is the leading consumer publication that focuses on all aspects of the electronic home. In authoritative articles, Electronic House covers home theater, multi-room entertainment, home control, wireless communications, energy management, home networking, and high-speed wiring. Electronic House readers want to have the best technology in their homes and Electronic House provides easy-to-read information enabling them to make informed buying decisions. Visit www.electronichouse.com.
About Remote Technologies Incorporated
Remote Technologies Incorporated (RTI) is a technology-driven company headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, that specializes in developing and marketing innovative home theater control products. Founded in 1992 with a focus on the custom home installation market, RTI has become the leader in creating wireless control solutions that solve the foremost challenges facing electronic systems installers.
RTI’s guiding passion is centered about making any size home theater or other electronic system simple and pleasant to use. The company’s design philosophy emphasizes an intuitive and enjoyable experience of its award-winning products, from its universal system controllers, to signal storage and processing devices, and PC programming software. For additional information on RTI and all its innovative products please visit www.rticorp.com.