The world’s first visual radio with large color touchscreen and advanced user-interface
PURE, the world’s leading radio maker presents Sensia, the world’s first high resolution DAB digital and internet-connected radio with a unique, large color touchscreen which delivers a state-of-the-art and intuitive user-interface. Incorporating PURE’s award-winning ‘Flow’ technology, Sensia is a revolutionary radio with a large 5.7″ 640 x 480 high resolution color touchscreen. Sensia gives users a unique way of interacting with internet and radio content including: podcasts and listen again services; DAB/DAB+* and FM; a growing set of custom PURE ‘Apps’ such as weather, news, Picasa, Facebook or Twitter; and new broadcast material such as station slideshows**. Sensia is also a media streamer enabling users to listen to music stored on a home computer or network storage device via Wi-Fi technology.
Paul Smith, PURE’s general manager says: “PURE made its name as the company behind the success of DAB. We’ve since created a market leading and multi award-winning, internet-connected product range with our Flow series. Sensia is the next major innovation from PURE, which I am confident will bring radio to a whole new ‘Facebook’ generation while still inspiring our traditional customer base. Radio will never be the same again.”
Sensia has an extremely sophisticated touchscreen interface which allows users to view and interact with the radio like never before: scrolling and spinning lists, tapping to select, sliding controls and swiping to change views. Users can choose between a multi-panel and a full screen view. The screen consists of a visual panel for viewing Apps, station slideshows or album artwork; a list panel for scrolling through lists of radio stations or music stored on a PC; a now playing panel and a control bar for operating Sensia.
Sensia is destined to be the centre piece of any room with a distinctive, elliptical shape and four striking colour choices: Bright red, vivid yellow, sleek black and cool white. A moulded stand is supplied, which allows the user to angle the radio to an optimum viewing position and a matching remote control completes the look.
As with the award-winning Flow range, Sensia connects to The PURE Lounge, our own radio and media portal (www.thelounge.com) which acts as the index to the best of internet audio content and where users can register their radio as well as save and organise favourites. Also available from The Lounge and via Sensia is a unique selection of PURE Sounds to relax you to sleep or wake you in a positive frame of mind.
Sensia also features PURE Clearsound technology for 30W RMS of impressive stereo sound; an input for an iPod/MP3 player; an alarm; countdown timer; sleep timer and a headphone socket. Add the optional rechargeable PURE ChargePAK to listen to internet content anywhere within range of the Wi-Fi network or to DAB and FM radio when further afield. Sensia also comes with a clever RF remote control which allows users to control the device from up to 10m away without direct line-of-sight.
Sensia will be available in time for Christmas at just £249.99 (SRP inc. VAT) from all good stockists.
Sensia Product Brochure:
- DAB & FM: Stereo digital radio with full Band III, and FM reception. ETSI EN 300 401 compliant and capable of decoding all DAB transmission modes 1-4 up to and including 192 kbps. Supports FM RDS and RadioText. Future upgrade supported for DAB+.
- Wireless: 802.11b and 802.11g supported with WEP and WPA/WPA2 encryption.
- Frequency ranges: Band III 174-240 MHz and FM 87.5-108 MHz.
- Media Streaming: Audio codecs supported include WMA (Standard V9), WAV, AAC, MP3, MP2, Real Audio (cook). Media streaming requires UPnP server or PC/MAC running UPnP server software (supplied upon registration to thelounge.com)
- Speakers: Two full-range 3″ drive units
- Audio power output: 15 RMS per channel; 30W RMS total
- Input connectors: 14.3V DC power adaptor socket (230/110V supplied). ChargePAK connector. 3.5mm Line-in for auxiliary devices. USB (mini-B type) for product upgrades.
- Output connectors: 3.5mm headphone socket
- Controls: 5.7″ touchscreen display, standby button
- Remote: Sensia RF remote control
- Presets: 30 DAB, 10 FM and unlimited internet radio favourites (maximum of 10 until user registration at thelounge.com)
- Display: 5.7″ Capacitive sensing, 64k colour, 640 x 480 TFT display.
- Mains power supply: 230/110V AC to 14.3V DC external power adapter.
- ChargePAK: Optional in-unit rechargeable battery pack. Takes ChargePAK E1 for up to 10 hours of portable listening.
- Approvals: CE marked. Compliant with the EMC and Low Voltage Directives (2004/108/EC and 2006/95/EC).
- Dimensions (mm): 166 high x 280 wide x 180 deep (stand dimensions not included)
- Weight: 1.9Kg (excludes ChargePAK E1)
- Aerial: Captive telescopic aerial, internal Wi-Fi aerial
- Warranty: Comprehensive two year warranty.
*DAB+ is a new and enhanced version of DAB and is now being adopted by many countries as their platform choice for digital radio. It’s likely that it will be a few years before UK broadcasters take up DAB+, but the majority of PURE products are already ‘DAB+ ready’. **Where supplied by the broadcaster
About PURE PURE radios increasingly support all the broadcast standards in the DAB family used across Europe and beyond. PURE leads the way in Internet-connected radios with its Flow technology and the PURE Lounge portal. Designed and engineered in the UK, all of PURE’s products are manufactured with the environment in mind and at ethically audited facilities. PURE is a division of Imagination Technologies Group plc.
PURE is the world’s leading maker of broadcast and Internet-connected digital radios, the number one supplier of digital radios in Europe and the creator of the world’s most popular and iconic digital radios.
PURE radios increasingly support all the broadcast standards in the DAB family used across Europe and beyond. PURE leads the way in Internet-connected radios with its Flow technology and the PURE Lounge portal. Designed and engineered in the UK, all of PURE’s products are manufactured with the environment in mind and at ethically audited facilities. PURE is a division of Imagination Technologies Group plc.