Philips have announced a new headphone that lets you hear everything that’s going on around you as well as your music also. The A7607 headphones are great for anyone, but it is especially well-suited for those that engage in sports or spend a lot of time outdoors.
The A7607 features an open-ear design that uses bone conduction to transfer sound. This means you don’t need to put an earbud in your ear or cover your ear with pads to hear the sound. The A7607 transfers sound from your cheekbones directly to the inner ear for a great listening experience.
The A7607 headphones are very light but are still secure. A neckband section wraps around the back of your head, and loops over the top of your ears. Control buttons are provided on the neckband letting you pause your playlist, take calls, adjust your volume, and more. The headphones easily pair with your music sources via Bluetooth, and you can connect to two devices at once.
LED Safety Lights: If you are using the A7607 outdoors at night, it incorporates an LED light strip on the back of the neckband that keeps you visible when it is dark.
Philips Headphones App: Additional control features can be accessed via the Philips Headphones app. You can control the LEDs using the app or via the on/off button on the neckband. You can also use the app to select preset listening styles or use the equalizer to fine-tune the sound to your preference.
Phone Calling: In addition to music listening, you can also use the A7607 to receive and make phone calls. The headphones have both bone-conducting and AI mics. The AI mic removes background noise in any environment. The bone-conducting mic removes wind noise. You can switch between the mics via a selection button on the neckband.
IP66 Rating: The A7607 has an IP66 rating. This means that dust, dirt, and rain won’t interfere with its use.
Play Time and Charging: The A7607 provides 9 hours of playtime and can be recharged using a provided magnetic charging cradle. A full charge takes 2 hours. For a quick extra boost, 15 minutes of charging provides an extra hour of playtime.
- Full Model Number: TAA7607BK
- Driver type: Dynamic
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Speaker diameter: 17 mm (.67 inches)
- Sensitivity: 92 dB (1K Hz)
- Frequency range: 130 – 16 000 Hz
- Maximum power input: 500 mW
- Microphones: 2 mics (AI mic and Bone mic)
- Bluetooth version: 5.2
- Bluetooth Codec Support: SBC
- Bluetooth Profile Support: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP
- Maximum range: Up to 10 m
- Multipoint connection: Yes
- Battery type(Headphones): Lithium Polymer (built-in)
- Battery capacity(Headphones): 160 mAh
- Battery life standby time: 80 hours
- Charging time: 2 hour
- Fast charging time: 15 mins for 1 hour of playback time
- Charging Cable
- Magnetic Charging cable (200 mm)
- Soft pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Height: 5.5 cm (2.17 inches)
- Width: 14 cm (5.51 inches)
- Depth: 9.6 cm (3.78 inches)
- Weight: 0.038 kg (1.34 oz)
Price & Available
The Philips A7607 Bone Conducting Headphones come in Black: US price and availability forthcoming.