Features Creative Modes, Enabled by a Touch-Screen, to Give Portraits a New Look With Makeup and Retouching
Panasonic today announced the new 16.1-megapixel LUMIX DMC-FH7, which features an incredibly slim and stylish design, making this new digital camera easy to carry — and with intuitive touch-controls, it's also easy to use. The LUMIX FH7 does not compromise on performance, featuring a retractable high-quality 28mm wide-angle LEICA DC lens with an impressive 4x optical zoom and High Definition video capabilities that record in 1280 x 720p at a smooth 24 fps, producing clear and vivid images.
The LUMIX FH7 features a 3-inch Smart Touch Screen allowing users to enable Touch Auto Focus (AF), Touch Zoom, Touch Shutter and Intelligent Scene Selector simply by touching the screen. All menu setting options are now available with touch control. In playback mode users can drag the image across the screen with their finger to browse the collection of photos, as if it were a page in a book. Additionally, the LUMIX FH7 features three modes that let users get creative by manually (with the touch of a finger) editing their photos on the digital camera.
These modes include:
- Beauty Retouch — allows users to retouch faces
- Esthetic — creates effects on faces such as clearing skin texture and whitening teeth
- Makeup — gives color options such as foundation, eye-shadow or coloring for the lips and cheeks
The Panasonic LUMIX FH7 features the LUMIX Image Uploader, which instantly share images via Facebook and video via YouTube when the digital camera is connected to a computer or the SD Memory Card is inserted — and the easy on-screen instructions are followed.
Panasonic's popular iA mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically — with no setting changes needed by the user — makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. With a dedicated iA button for easy access, the following features can be quickly engaged:
- MEGA OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) — Reduces blurry photos due to hand-shake
- Intelligent ISO Control — Reduces blur when the subject is moving
- Face Detection — Ensures registered faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure and digitally corrects unwanted red eyes
- Intelligent Scene Selector — Selects the best option from: Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and Sunset
- Intelligent Exposure — Optimizes the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helps ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully
The Panasonic LUMIX FH7 encompasses Panasonic's Venus Engine VI image processor, which helps to power Intelligent Resolution technology. With Intelligent Resolution technology, three areas – outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation — are automatically detected and the LUMIX FH7 performs optimum processing to each, resulting in naturally clear images. Furthermore, thanks to Intelligent Resolution technology, Panasonic's Intelligent Zoom extends the LUMIX FH7's zoom to a 5x equivalent. The multitasking Venus Engine VI also supports a super-fast response time. The shutter release time lag is incredibly quick, at approximately 0.006 second and its quick response makes it easier to capture sudden, spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities.
Other features of the Panasonic LUMIX FH7 include:
- Intelligent LCD detects the lighting conditions and controls the brightness level in 11 finely graduated steps, to display the most appropriate setting
- 84MB of built-in memory
- Newly-added Image Stamp mode enables users to decorate photos with 32 different stamps, for those wanting to personalize their images
Price and Availability
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FH7 will be available in black in early July 2011 for $179.99