NEC Display Solutions Launches PlasmaSync Professional Series with 42-, 50- and 60-Inch Large-Screen Displays Delivering Superior Video Processing, Expanded Connectivity, and Video Wall Capability
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of plasma displays, LCD desktops, commercial large-screen LCDs, and projectors, announced today the launch of the new PlasmaSync Professional Series plasma displays. The new models include the 42-inch 42XP10, 50-inch 50XP10 and 60-inch 60XP10. The new series, a replacement for the highly esteemed XM PlasmaSync Series, is designed for corporate installations, including government agencies and digital signage applications.
The new professional displays are designed for video wall tiling as well. Multiple displays can be utilized for 5×5 wall matrices or aligned for vertical or panoramic design. Multiple images can also be displayed with the enhanced split-screen feature. In addition, a robust input panel provides DVI with HDCP inputs, and the RS-232 input and output control provides easy set-up to control systems.
“This is another exciting addition to NEC’s breadth of products in the digital signage space. With features like video wall capability and split-screen functionality, we’re providing unique digital signage products,” said Todd Fender, Product Line Manager for NEC Display Solutions. “Not only is the technology top-of-the-line, but the price point makes the professional plasma line more affordable than previous generations.”
The PlasmaSync Professional Series also features a new cabinet design, which resembles the market-leading LCD product line. In addition, enhanced picture-in-picture allows two sources to be displayed on the screen at one time with multiple configurations and sizes available for both sources.
The new 42XP10, 50XP10 and 60XP10 models include the following features:
- High Definition provides optimal resolution up to 1366 x 768
- Superior video quality allows for a smoother picture with greater detail and deeper blacks
- Comprehensive input panel includes a DVI with HDCP inputs, which delivers the latest in digital connectivity
- Complete RS-232 input and output control provides easy set-up to control systems
- Video tiling capability enables built-in image matrixing to be split into quadrants up to a 5×5 plasma wall, in addition to vertical and panoramic configurations
- VESA standard hole pattern enables compatibility with universal mounts
- IR Remote ID select allows units placed in close proximity to one another to have different IR transmissions so only one unit is controlled at a time (26 ID w/10 key remote functionality)
- Enhanced split screen allows two sources to be displayed on the screen with each resulting window offering multiple configurations and size options
- 2K meter altitude ensures applications in high altitude environments perform properly
- Text Ticker/Insert Function allows text from another source to be inserted over a portion of the active source
- Quieter operation fan noise is only 22dB during normal operation and less than 1W in stand-by mode
- Advanced AccuBlend™, which converts non-native resolutions to the resolution of the display
- Optional speakers and stands
The PlasmaSync 50XP10 has a MSRP of $2699.99, and the 60XP10 has a MSRP of $5999.99. The 42XP10 has a MSRP of $2499.99. All models are available for shipment and are backed by a 1-year warranty.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading provider of innovative LCD displays, professional grade plasmas and projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for the education, enterprise, government, professional, medical and digital signage markets. NEC Display Solutions ranked as the No. 1 large-screen LCD monitor provider for the signage and professional displays market for CY2006, according to iSuppli.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Reseller prices may vary.