NEC just announced the MultiSync EA304WMi, a 30-inch LED-backlit monitor with WQXGA resolution and built-in speakers for $1600. The new flagship widescreen model features IPS panel technology with wide viewing angles (178° horizontal/vertical), touch-sensitive menu controls and ergonomic adjustability. The LED backlighting of the 16:10 aspect ratio EA304WMi allows for a slimmer profile, lighter weight and increased power savings compared to previous generation models. For workstations with multiple displays, ControlSync technology lets users control the settings for up to six MultiSync EA Series displays. Users are able to adjust power, brightness, volume and many other settings of the multi-monitor setup in unison through the master monitor.
The EA304WMi offers smart sensing technology, which automatically detects work conditions to determine the proper display brightness with ambient light and human presence sensors. In addition, a comprehensive input panel, including HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI-D, VGA and 3-port USB hub, connects users to the latest peripherals and solidifies their investments for the future.
- 30-inch, 16:10 IPS panel with LED backlighting
- 350cd/m2 brightness, and 10-bit color over HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2
- Wide viewing angles of 178°H/178°V
- 2560 x 1600 WQXGA resolution
- 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (1000:1 typical)
- Ergonomic adjustable stand with 130mm height-adjust, tilt, swivel and pivot
- DisplayPort, HDMI / MHL, DVI-D and VGA inputs
- Integrated 3-port USB hub (1 up/3 down, two USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0)
- Integrated speakers (1W x 2) and headphone jack
- ControlSync for synchronizing settings in multi-screen setups
- Smart sensing technology (ambient light and human sensors)
- ECO Mode, carbon footprint meter and cost meter
- ENERGY STAR 6.0, TCO 6.0 compliant and TCO Edge 2.0 certified display
Price and Availability
The NEC MultiSync EA304WMi monitor ships with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in June 2014 for $1,599. The monitor also comes with set-up manual, and DVI-D, DisplayPort, power, audio, USB 3.0 and ControlSync cables.