Motorola Mobility introduced MOTOACTV, a lightweight, wearable fitness performance tracker and smart music player in one. Sync MOTOACTV with your PC, so you can check out the music you perform to best or track your workouts over extended time periods, set goals and even create workout competitions with your friends via the MOTOACTV Web Portal. And MOTOACTV features a touch-screen display so you can instantly launch a new workout or find that one song you've been dying to hear.
MOTOACTV uses Motorola AccuSense technology and GPS to ensure measurement accuracy of your performance. Your time, distance, speed, heart rate and calories burned are all measured, so you can reach your fitness or weight loss goals faster than ever.
Upload your workout to MOTOACTV.com to analyze the performance data tracked by the device and review useful, easy-to-understand charts, tools and programs that help you see your strengths and empower you to overcome challenges. You can also get workout tips and training plans from fitness experts at MOTOACTV.com.
MOTOACTV can rock up to 4,000 of your favorite songs while tracking your every move. Ultra-portable, you choose the way you want to wear MOTOACTV: strap it on your wrist or arm, clip it to your shirt or mount it on your bike during an outdoor ride.
Your playlist is more than just workout songs: they're songs that push you to perform at your best. The smart music player learns what tracks motivate you most by measuring your performance against your music and then uses those songs to create your personal high-performance playlist.
On those days when your automatically generated high-performance playlist isn't doing the trick, you can switch to FM radio for even more song variety. And if the music is really moving you, go that extra mile — MOTOACTV tracks your outdoor training via GPS.
Introducing innovative sports headphones with built-in heart rate monitors, durable design and crystal-clear audio, the Motorola SF700 wireless and Motorola SF500 wired headphones deliver exceptional sound quality and real-time audible readouts of your heart rate allowing you to track your performance without the uncomfortable squeeze of a chest strap.
MOTOACTV also gives you the option to stay connected to your Android-powered smartphone, so you can answer calls, receive texts and rock out via your headphones without breaking a stride.
- Ongoing tracking of fitness performance stats, including pace, distance, calories burned, and map of route covered, with automatic wireless syncing of workout data to MOTOACTV.com
- 8GB or 16GB of storage for endless playlists
- Sports a 1.6″ full-color touch-screen display that is sweat-proof, rain-resistant and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass that auto-adjusts for indoor or outdoor lighting
- Option to sync with the latest Android-powered smartphone to receive incoming calls and texts
- FM radio capabilities for more song variety
- Up to five hours of battery life for outdoor workouts, 10 hours indoors, and nearly two weeks on standby
- Supports both Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+ wireless connectivity for your existing fitness sensors and your future ones
- Size: 46mm x 46mm x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 35 g
“We brought the features you love in your smartphone to the fitness world with a groundbreaking addition, MOTOACTV,” said Sanjay Jha, chairman and chief executive officer, Motorola Mobility. “Workout smarter without using multiple devices or even wires, with the first multi-activity music and fitness tracking device with the brains to push you beyond your limits.”
Pricing and Availability
The Motorola MOTOACTV will be available November 6, 2011 in the U.S. followed by Latin America and Europe in Q1 2012 in two models:
See more: New Motorola Products
Related product: Apple iPod nano provides similar functionality with Nike+ app for half the price.