MartinLogan recently announced the Motion Series, the company’s first products to feature exquisite Folded Motion technologies. Inspired by MartinLogan’s legendary ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, the Motion Series provides unparalleled sonic realism in even the smallest of home theaters or 2-channel listening environments-starting at under $200 (US retail) per channel.
MartinLogan’s dedicated in-house engineering team carefully crafted the Motion Series to create an extremely affordable and compact product line with stunning dynamic range and jaw-dropping clarity. Key to the Motion Series sonic performance is the unique Folded Motion tweeter (similar to tweeter technologies found in ultra expensive speakers), precision high-end Vojtko crossovers, powerful compact woofers, and acoustically inspired cabinet design. These technologies along with nearly 50 years of combined engineering experience result in a product that establishes a radical new paradigm for price verses performance.
Complementing the Motion Series sonic accuracy is elegant yet understated styling that includes subtle curves coated in a flawless high-gloss, piano black finish. Motion Series floor standing tower models feature real-wood veneer that provide a stylish aesthetic certain to blend with any decor.
Motion Series speakers are available in floor standing tower and ultra-compact center and bookshelf models. Speakers can be mixed-and-matched (along with any of MartinLogan’s high-performance Dynamo Series subwoofers) to create a stunning solution for any application-from a spectacular high-performance 2-channel music system to an exhilarating multi-channel home theater system. Voice-matched with MartinLogan electrostatic speakers, Motion Series Speakers also offer a perfect solution for compact rear-channel applications in traditional electrostatic based home theater systems.
- Sonic performance: Exotic high-precision Folded MotionTM tweeters seamlessly blended with traditional drivers, made possible by MartinLogan’s dedication to highest-quality acoustical engineering for stunning sound unparalleled in speakers of similar size and price.
- Aesthetics: A high-gloss, piano black, contoured exterior, and understated styling makes them a perfect complement to today’s high-end flat panel TVs. Floor standing tower models feature real wood veneer.
- Affordable pricing: Starting under $1,600 (US retail) for a complete 5.1 channel MartinLogan home theater system. Price versus performance makes the Motion Series one of the greatest speaker values available today.
- Compatibility: Mix-and-match for ultimate versatility in any 2-channel or home theater application. Voice-matched with MartinLogan electrostatic speakers Motion Series speakers also prove ideal for compact, rear-channel applications in traditional electrostatic based home theater systems.
MartinLogan Motion Series Models:
- Motion 2 – Compact bookshelf speakers – $199.95 each
- Motion 4 – Compact bookshelf speakers – $249.95 each
- Motion 6 – Compact center channel speakers – $299.95 each
- Motion 8 – Compact center channel speakers – $399.95 each
- Motion 10 – Floorstanding tower speakers – $999.95 pair
- Motion 12 – Floorstanding tower speakers – $1,499.95 pair
Prices for the Motion Series start under $1,600 for a complete 5.1 channel MartinLogan home theater system and will be shipping in February 2010.
Since 1983 MartinLogan has hand-crafted high performance electrostatic speakers. Their award-winning designs, advanced technologies, and outstanding customer service have long made MartinLogan’s amazingly detailed speakers a must have for home theater and music lovers around the world. Located in Lawrence, Kansas, MartinLogan’s dedicated in-house design and engineering team carefully creates each speaker to provide unparalleled sound reproduction along with industry leading aesthetics.