Wireless Router Can Connect Multiple Devices To A Network, Including Multiple 4K and HD Video Streams Simultaneously
Linksys just released the Max-Stream AC1900 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router (model EA7500). The new $200 router leverages the 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology, which helps ensure uninterrupted Wi-Fi connectivity to multiple devices in the home and functions as if multiple devices have their own dedicated router. With MU-MIMO, the whole household can enjoy 4K and HD TV streaming to multiple devices as well as play video games, listen to music, check email, shop, and more — all at the same time. But all of this technology is moot unless your broadband internet provider offers at least 30 Mbps data speeds. Linksys says you’ll need a minimum of 20 Mbps just for watching 4K streams. On top of that, your source devices (smartphones, tablets, and laptops) also need to be MU-MIMO compatible — most of which are not (but could be soon as future models are released).
The EA7500 router offers combined speeds up to 1.9 Gbps (1300 Mbps 5 GHz + 600 Mbps 2.4GHz) and most of the early user reviews are reporting good range. Also included is Smart Wi-Fi technology which makes it easy to set up and control your home Wi-Fi from anywhere using the Smart Wi-Fi app on your mobile device.
The Linksys AC1900 MU-MIMO router can also help address buffering issues customers are having with streaming 4K content. But remember you still need a fast downstream Internet speed from your provider. Nevertheless, MU-MIMO can still offer improvement. Check out the video to see how it works.
- Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi – 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO Technology for uninterrupted Wi-Fi connections to multiple devices at the same time
- Qualcomm IPQ 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor
- Dual-band AC1900 Wireless speeds up to 1300 Mbps 5 GHz + 600 Mbps 2.4GHz, which is a combined speed up to 1.9 Gbps
- Four Gigabit LAN Ethernet ports One Gigabit WAN for wired speeds up to 10x faster than fast Ethernet
- One USB 3.0 and One USB 2.0 ports for connecting printers, storage and more
- Three external and adjustable antennas for maximum coverage
- Manage and monitor your network and easily control Wi-Fi devices remotely on a smart phone with the Linksys Smart
- Wi-Fi app
- Advanced WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall helps keep the network safe
Pricing and Availability
The Linksys Max-Stream AC1900 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router (EA7500) is immediately available for $199.99.