Striking New Finishes and New Uni-Q Driver Set Highest Reference Standards Ever
LAS VEGAS, NV — January 10, 2007 — When KEF first introduced its legendary Reference loudspeakers in 1977, Fleetwood Mac was about to top the charts with Rumours, Blondie was releasing Plastic Letters, and, although unlikely graced through a pair of KEF References’, the Sex Pistols were engaged in full sonic and cultural assault over in their (and KEF’s) native Great Britain. Each of those recordings is still classics today. And thanks to new revolutions in speaker design — innovations which began in KEF laboratories — you can now listen to those recordings and your entire collection with a new set of ears.
The continuing evolution of KEF’s Reference Series has always been based on the concept of benchmark precision and setting new standards. Originally designed to deliver the ultimate audiophile listening experience using the most advanced engineering and research techniques of the time, the Reference series — the industry standard for quality for almost 30 years — has gracefully aged over time to incorporate KEF’s latest sophisticated technologies. With this newest evolution KEF’s flagship Reference Series has been transformed pushing the boundaries of sonic performance further still.
The Next-Generation Reference Series features:
• New trademark Uni-Q array with a sophisticated elliptical dome tweeter and a patented ‘Uni-Form’ flat surround midrange driver for stunningly clear vocals, fabulous imaging and a commanding soundstage throughout the room.
• Ultra low distortion bass drivers deliver thunderous, accurate dynamics thanks in part to KEF’s super light neodymium magnet assembly, as well as many other innovatively applied LF technologies (refer to KEF’s latest Reference white paper for more details).
• KEF’s proven decoupling techniques — all drivers are decoupled from the cabinet to avoid unwanted resonances and interactions.
• Improved low-frequency response and customization with a two-position bass control.
• Superior equalization and flexibility, due to a new four-position high-frequency level control.
• Computer optimized second-order and fourth-order crossovers for less distortion at lower frequencies.
• Radical cabinet designs featuring handsome new finish options in American Walnut, Piano Black, Satin Sycamore and High-Gloss Cherry
The result: Unparalleled clarity and accuracy, from shimmering high frequencies to a full-bodied midrange, down to a controlled and powerful bass — all in stunning handmade cabinets in a variety of rich and elegant finish options.
“The KEF philosophy is not just about Uni-Q, ACE or any of our other technologies — it is the pursuit of natural sound reproduction through intelligent engineering.” commented Dr. Andrew Watson, KEF’s Senior Acoustics Engineer. “In this respect, our skill is not just in developing these technologies but in applying them to achieve real benefit for the listener. And that’s what our new Reference Series is all about”.
“KEF’s Reference Series has a longstanding heritage of excellence,” said Alec Chanin, President of KEF America. “This latest generation not only upholds this tradition but takes the series to a whole new level of sonic performance, making something that is already great even more rewarding.”
The KEF Reference line-up includes the newly-developed dedicated center-channel speakers, Models 202.2 and 204.2, and a unique 3-way dipole surround sound speaker, Model 206.2. KEF also introduces two outstanding subwoofers, the Model 208 and Model 209. The classic bookshelf Model 201.2, the elegant floor-standing Models 203.2 and Model 205.2, and the top-of-the-line Model 207.2 complete the range.
The newly redesigned Reference Series speakers will be available in Q1 2007 at the following suggested retail prices:
Model 201.2 (All Finishes): $2,500 ea.
Models 203.2 (All Finishes): $4,000 ea.
Models 205.2 (All Finishes: $5,500 ea.
Model 207.2 (All Finishes): $10,000 ea.
Models 202.2 (Piano Black & Cherry): $3,000 ea.
Models 202.2 (Satin Sycamore & Walnut): $3,750 ea.
Model 204.2 (All Finishes): $4,500 ea.
Model 206.2 (All finishes): $3,750 ea.
Model 208: $5,000 ea.
Model 209: $9,000 ea.
So go ahead and fire up those great 1977 recordings by Iggy Pop, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, and The Ramones. They never sounded so good.
KEF invites 2007 Consumer Electronic Show attendees to experience the celebrated Reference Series at the Las Vegas Hilton, Suite 330.
• KEF announces significant advancements to its legendary Reference Series
• The enhanced line-up includes nine models available in a variety of stunning finish options
• Latest generation Uni-Q technology delivers improved stereo imaging
• Ultra low distortion bass drivers deliver fabulous imaging over a commanding soundstage
• KEF’s proven decoupling techniques avoid unwanted resonances and interactions
• Improved low-frequency response and customization with a two-position bass control
• New four position HF/SHF level adjustment affords the flexibility to optimize the balance of a specific system and environment
• Available Q1 2007, the Reference line-up ranges from $2,500 ea. for Model 201.2 to $10,000 ea. for Model 207.2.
• The Reference Series unveils at the 2007 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada from January 8 to January 11 — Hilton Suite 330.
About KEF Audio
KEF Audio, a division of GP Acoustics, is a UK-based company that has earned a reputation as the premier manufacturer of stunning, audiophile-quality speakers for modern home theater, hi-fi and custom installation applications. KEF products, distributed around the world, have won awards on both sides of the Atlantic. KEF is a brand name long associated with style, quality and technical innovation.
Founded in 1961 by a British electrical engineer named Raymond Cooke on the banks of the River Medway, KEF is driven by a passionate belief in the power of innovation and quality. Still occupying the same riverbank site, KEF remains passionate about its patented, proven technologies such as Uni-Q and ACE. These characteristics, traditions and, above all, quality, secure KEF’s reputation as a world class manufacturer of the best speakers in the world.
About KEF America, Inc.
KEF America, a division of KEF Audio, offers loyal North American audiophiles a line of innovative speakers and components unmatched in the industry for quality and innovation. Headquartered in Marlboro, New Jersey, KEF America shares the same guiding principles as its British counterpart: ground-breaking design, exceptional sound and an unshakeable commitment to excellence.
For additional information about KEF and its award-winning products, please visit www.kef.com.
# # #