KEF introduced its T Series flat panel speakers, designed to complement flat panel televisions and offer serious audiophile quality sound from exceptionally thin speakers.
Recently recognized as an International CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award Honoree, the KEF T Series is one of the world's thinnest high performance home theater and flat panel audio systems. The T Series combines two landmark KEF innovations: a radical new ultra-low profile bass and midrange driver, and a large, fully vented new tweeter. By incorporating both in cabinets only 35mm deep, the T Series delivers true high-fidelity sound in a thin speaker that perfectly complements the aesthetics of the latest flat screen TVs. Sweet and pure midrange performance is assured by a new large diaphragm tweeter developed directly from the Concept Blade loudspeaker project.
The T Series features KEF's innovative Selecta-mount system which uses a clever internal connecting system to automatically adjust the crossover depending on how the loudspeaker is mounted, giving users the freedom to place the loudspeakers wherever they want and still enjoy great sound.
The T Series flat panel speaker lineup includes three system components to suite any home audio or home entertainment application:
- Small Satellite (T101 / T101c): 1 x 25mm vented tweeter, 1 x 100mm low profile LF, closed box design for better integration with the sub, permanent grille, aluminum side trim, equivalent output capability to the multi-award winning KHT3005SE satellite speaker. T101 ($499.99/pr); T101c ($249.99/ea).
- Large Satellite (T301 / T301c): 1 x 25mm vented tweeter, 2 x 100mm low profile LF, closed box design for better integration with the sub, permanent grille, aluminum side trim, higher output than the T101 for larger rooms. T301 $699.99/pr); T301c ($349.99/ea).
- Subwoofer (T-2): Slim profile design perfectly matches loudspeakers, easy to place next to a wall, 10″ driver, closed box design for integration with the satellites. (Not Sold Separately)
Using these components, KEF has also carefully constructed three system configurations to provide a dynamic range in home entertainment systems:
- T305 System: Features four T301 satellite speakers, one T301c center channel and a T-2 subwoofer. $1,999.99.
- T205 System: Features two T301 satellite speakers, two T101 satellite speakers, one T301c center channel and a T-2 subwoofer. $1,799.99.
- T105 System: Features four T101 satellite speakers, one T101c center channel and a T-2 subwoofer. $1,499.99.
“With cabinets measuring just 35mm thick, the new T Series delivers the superior sound quality of a conventional loudspeaker in the form of a low-profile, ultra-slim speaker. Combined with today's slim flat panel TVs, the T Series enables home owners to enjoy the luxury of a high-performance entertainment system without the bulkiness that a typical AV system would include.”
— Alec Chanin, President of KEF America